Colour Name: Oiled Brown|Change

on 22 August 2012
Looks good, easy to carry but beware as it does pick up scratch marks quite easily. If you don't mind it looking a little more "distressed" then that won't be a problem. Space wise, it can carry quite a lot but certainly not as much as a Quicksilver messenger bag that can obviously stretch out a lot more.
on 26 June 2013
I needed to find a bag for uni in September and was looking for one big enough to hold a folder, notebook, Filofax etc and still look 'nice'. I've had messenger bags in the past but they've always been very sporty looking/feeling and I'm more of a comfortable kinda girl. Lived in... When I found the Visconti bags they seemed to be exactly what I was looking for - excellent quality so it would last, but distressed-looking enough that it would always look a bit tired - just like me!

I wasn't disappointed at all. The bag arrived yesterday and initially I looked and thought how tiny it was, which was a panic, but I soon realised they're very deceptive. You do need to 'pack carefully' and years of playing Tetris has helped I think but I managed to fit in an A4 folder, document wallet, A4 spiral bound pad, Filofax, purse, headphones, iPad, iPhone, little zipped pouch with makeup and other girly needs, glasses case and a couple of random odds and ends that always seem to float around in a bag...there's a nice zipped compartment at the front that perfectly holds my iPad and makes me feel a bit more secure about it being in there, plus a zipped compartment in the main body and finally a zipped section on the back too.

The strap is very comfortable with a shoulder pad and is fabric backed which I think helps colour transfer. The leather itself is beautiful quality, thick yet divinely soft to run your hand over and I think after some usage it will become beautifully supple and flexible too. Of course, anyone who loves leather knows the most important part is the smell and this bag doesn't disappoint. Smells heavenly.

Overall, I am completely happy with the purchase. I initially was planning to buy the more expensive XL Harvard, but then I realised the measurements are the same as this one so I'm really not sure why it's so much more expensive - the only thing that this one doesn't have is a dust bag like all the others state the come with - would have been nice but hardly a deal breaker lol.

The only thing I want to point out is that this bag is big enough to hold an A4 ring binder but if you're looking for one to hold an A4 LEVER ARCH file plus other stuff - well, it's 12cm deep, surely you can work out the math on that one!!
on 27 August 2014
Nice leather, the images here are a bit flattering but it's still a lovely bag. It's a little tight on space and barley fits my 13" MBP, charger and an A4 hardback but it never claimed to do otherwise so I guess that's my own fault for not researching it enough. The strap isn't easy to adjust and is fairly short, but the nylon inside and leather outside with brass looking clasps and other accents make it look very expensive and it's fairly comfortable. Overall I think you get more bag than the price suggests. The magnetic clasps seem a bit weak and are a bit fiddly to close when the bag is full but I'm sure I'll get the nack of them and be able to close them quickly soon enough. The zips seem to be high quality and close seamlessly. Plenty of extra zip and open pockets for dividing smaller items within the bag and on the back. I'm a bit nervous about putting things in the open pockets on the exterior as the contents could fall out but I'm sure that'd be very difficult to actually happen. It looks to be very well manufactured and seems that it will last years and get better looking with age as the leather softens. I've heard that the colours bleed onto your clothes so have been wearing a leather jacket with it so this doesn't damage anything. I plan on using this bag for the next 6 years at least until circumstances call for a briefcase so the €/£/$ per use will be minuscule. Well worth it for the price point, if you want more, pay more. If you're looking for the right balance between cost and use value than I'd suggest giving this one a go.
on 10 February 2016
After reading the reviews for this shoulder bag I decided to buy it.
Unfortunately the first one went missing thanks to Royal Mail. However after contacting the supplier a replacement was sent 1st class 24hr delivery.
I'm so pleased I chose the bag as it is of very good quality and worth the price paid. In comparison to cheaper leather shoulder bags.
Also top marks for customer service it was first class.
on 17 August 2015
In truth I hit the "One Click Buy" by accident while I was admiring it & didn't notice until I saw a delivery email. But I wasn't about to return it because I've wanted one for a long time. It's stylish & well made to a high standard & I'll definitely be buying more products from this range.
on 25 October 2013
Don't get me wrong this is a lovely looking bag and seems well made (time will tell). It was delivered promptly well packaged. The feel of it and design are very nice and I'm sure it will be a great bag, for some.

However, like others have reported there was mould on the bag; I doubt this is a manufactures problem, more likely poor storage by the seller. It does wipe off and doesn't bother me; but its not good!

Also this seller did not warn that oiled leather can come off on to light coloured cloths. I'm not in to the nanny state and I should have done my research - but be warned.

The main problem with the bag is the size. Yes it will fit an A4 folder as the picture suggests. But only just! You can fit a lever arch file in but no hope of closing the flap. Which leads to my next point; once you start filling the bag up unless you are only carrying flat paper, bulkier objects deform the shape making it lumpy looking and again you cannot close the bag!

Finally there are no pen holders, I know it's a digital age but we are not quire there yet (and you'd be buying a laptop bag rather than a messenger bag). There is a pocket in the main compartment a pocket that makes a good pencil case, but it's not ideal.

I could live with some of the problems on a cheaper bag, but when you buy quality you expect that to extend right through the materials, design and storage.

Personally, I regret buying it & wished I'd sent it back when I could.
on 29 November 2013
I wanted. Simple bag for meetings and the like, there's plenty of room for paper files and the iPad and it's easier to handle than a larger briefcase. I think the quality is excellent and I see no reason why it shouldn't last years! I chose the brown one and I'm delighted with it. So much so when a young university nephew of mine asked for a bag for Christmas I didn't hesitate to get another for him. I know he'll be pleased with it. Both arrived within a couple of days of ordering - brilliant service!
on 3 February 2016
The bag arrived very prompt, in fact it came a day earlier than the advised window, so top marks there.

The bag itself is very well made from what looks and feels like a high quality leather. I need a couple of new suits now to match the new class and style the bag has brought to my wardrobe.

It's perfect for what I need. I need to carry a few files and my Macbook Pro 13" back and two to the office and to visit customers at their homes, so I was looking for something less cumbersome than my old laptop bag (which served a purpose when I was transporting a 15.6" laptop and flatbed scanner). I don't keep large files, so I use clear wallets which fit in this bag like a dream. If you were looking to carry a few ring binder folders it might get a bit tight, but I quite comfortably carry 5 or 6 files (in clear wallets), my A4 note pad and Macbook Pro in the main compartment.

But what I was most impressed with was the amount of extra storage pockets. I can't fit my Sony Xperia Z2 in the pocket which is designated for a mobile phone (only by a card in the packaging, there are no silly little logos on the bag itself telling you where you should put things like on my old bag), so I doubt it would take the iPhone 6+ either but there are 2 other larger pockets in the main compartment which would do the job a treat. I personally use the exterior pocket so I have access to it without having to open the bag anyway. In total there are 7 extra pockets, 4 in the main compartment, 2 under the flap, and 1 on the outside, which is great for me as the bag is my mobile office and accommodates my pens (6 including Highlighters), calculator, Diary, Post Its, USB sticks, mobile phone, and a stack of Business Cards, and they all have their own place. Brilliant!!!

Top quality bag, I would definitely recommend.
on 18 July 2016
Bag is really well made and looks amazing!

I read some comments about people having the colour rub off onto their light coloured clothes which worried me at first, however I applied some Dr. Martins Wonder Balsam (a clear wax that helps waterproof leather) that I had around for my boots, using a new sponge I lightly applied the balsam to the bag and left it to dry and soak in for 48 hours. The balsam didn't change the colour or look of the bag at all. Using the bag with a light blue shirt on a hot sweaty day no colour rubbed off onto my shirt and even getting caught out in the rain in another light coloured shirt the colour stayed on the bag and did not stain my shirt.

The bag is perfect for carrying paper documents and small laptops/netbooks, smaller than 13". Would highly recommend for university students and those wanting a smart bag to take to the office.

It arrived the following business day after the order was purchased.
on 14 April 2015
Absolutely brilliant. Ive had this for 2 years now, and used it almost every day. Though there is a little wear and tear on the gold "plateing" around the zip and on the studs, its a brilliant bag

See one answered question