on 11 October 2004
This book, and particularly the accomanying CD, is an artist's and a life-drawing student's godsend. It has six galleries, four female and two male models, each in nine basic poses. The models are attractive, all the poses are pleassing, with the lighting giving good modelling, but the real joy is that using the CD each pose can be viewed from 36 angles as the models can be rotated. You can have a choice of music to accomany (though the sound quality on my CD was not the best) and there are some excellent tutorials too. If there is a shortcoming it is that there seems to be no facility for printing out the poses, but using Print Screen/Paint and cropping this is relatively easily overcome. The book shows six viewpoints of each pose. Some are in colour and some in black and white. For poses this book with the CD, is very hard to beat.
on 19 September 2004
The idea is excellent and the system of rotation and enlargement of the poses is good, as are the demonstrations. However, this would be so much more useful as a DVD so that a much larger screen format could be used. I often work from DVDs and find that with my player, not expensive, I can pause, enlarge and shift the image on a DVD just as I want. I can also move on at very slow speed. Much easier for sitting back to draw or sculpt.
on 12 March 2015
I do not remember being informed that the CD was missing. This book is therefore no use to my class
on 20 December 2014
i have a few of these books and i use them for reference and practicing drawing
on 16 January 2004
this package of book and cd rom had my husband and I in fits of laugher!! This is a GREAT present for any artist who takes life drawing very seriously. As a postmodern tool, it is totally up to date, but on the other hand you can make the model 'dance' to a choice of music, which is highly entertaining.
Well worth buying for a joke which is also quite useful!