4.7 out of 5 stars2,184
Format: Misc.|Change
Price:£6.42+ £2.99 shipping

on 29 January 2016
This was an a necessary purchase after I was kindly given two new kittens about 1.5 ago. Flea ridden kittens. And two weeks later turning my house into a flea ridden house.

With my old cats we never seemed to have problems with fleas - I always used to treat them with the spot on treatment and they had a free run of the house. But these cats only live downstairs - and I had the flea problem upstairs - despite treating the cats with the spot on. Maybe I was blaming them wrongly - sorry kitties - maybe it was me who brought the fleas to my house??

I hate absolutely hate anything creepy pests including fleas. So Ive gone into overdrive trying to find a really good product to gas them, kill them, exterminate them.

Virbac flea spray got excellent reviews - when sprayed around the house - it will protect it for many months to come so if any fleas hatch it will get them too. I've managed to get hold of the problem and touch wood I had no flea visitors since 1.5 ago when I treated the house. It's ok writing about it now - but back then I was freaking out - if I'm honest.

A good tip: hoovering house - will pick up some eggs and larvae - so please empty your vacuum bag straight away outside. But what hoovering also does is provide warmth and vibrations and the fleas are likely to hatch. If the house is treated - they will die. Treat the cats too at the same time - let them run around - fleas love anything warm moving around - and it's better if they jump on treated cats rather than you! Trust me - I have flea bites to prove it.

This spray was the only one that was up for sale at my local vets and they recommend it - I got it on Amazon much cheaper - well worth every penny.
review image
on 3 August 2014
Reason for buying:
I decided to buy this product because I had tried several different flea control methods which were ineffective (Frontline, Spot On, Advocate, Flea powders and flea collars).

Product description:
The product contains 3 different chemicals which are effective at killing all life stages of fleas which are Adults, Fleas, Larvae and Eggs.

Where do the fleas hide?:
The fleas are found all over your home, especially near your pet and in the depth of the carpet fibres. I found that hovering the carpet before spraying is more effective. I spray cracks, crevices and anything that is relatively soft (carpets, rugs, pet bedding, curtains and sofas etc). There is no requirement to spray wood or leather. To date I have found that the spray does not damage any materials.

Instructions:
Although my vet said that 2 bottles would be sufficient to cover our 2 bedroom house, in my experience I found that you will need more than that, probably 3. The spray is quite powerful when you first spray it however it losses it's power after 1-2 seconds. Shaking it vigorously every few seconds solves the problem. Although it is meant to be more effective when you hold it 50cm away from you (approx as long as your arm), I found that the spray is not powerful enough and you need to hold it about the length of a ruler (25cm) away from you.

Results:
After covering the whole house with spray which took about 3 hours and leaving it to dry for several hours, no traces of fleas could be seen the following day when we inspected the house which showed that the product worked very well. With 7 cats, 2 Ferrets and 4 dogs that we look after from time to time, I was very surprised that it was that effective. I do not believe that there is a requirement to use anything extra on your pet. Although the manufacturer states that it is only effective for 12 months, I have found that it's effective for about 18 months.

Safety:
The first time I used the spray, I did not use any safety protection and ended up partially paralysing my hand temporarily due to the coldness of the spray and the fumes of the spray blowing back on my hand and having slight breathing problems (I'm asthmatic). Wearing a face-mask and washing up rubber gloves solves the problem.

Verdict: Highly Recommended - It's very effective at killing all fleas but make sure that you wear rubber gloves and a face mask.
0Comment|119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 March 2010
I suspected I had cat fleas in my house, and by the time I was sure it was too late. I have one cat, and a very clean house, but the fleas were a nightmare to get rid of. I tried Bob Martins Spot On on the cat and flea powder and sprays around the house, but to no avail. They would seem to be gone for a few days then appear again. This went on for months and was extremely frustrating.

I finally solved it by putting Frontline on the cat, and spraying the whole house with Indorex spray, concentrating on the edges of the rooms. The spray is the only one I found that seems to do what it claims and kill any unhatched fleas in the carpet.

Since then I have put Frontline on the cat as often as recommended on the pack, and they haven't come back. I have Indorex in the cupboard just incase!
1111 comments|461 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 October 2009
This product has done what I hoped it would do and that was the removal of infestation of fleas in my house.
0Comment|134 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 September 2015
2 bed house, mainly carpet but also tiles and bare wood. I ended up buying a second can so I could do all the upholstery and a second pass in most of the rooms as after a week or two more fleas ere spotted. However, they were probably newborns from eggs which hadn't been picked up by the vacuum so the second can may not actually have been required. Either way, 4 weeks later we have been free from fleas for at least a week and I am very happy with the results of this product. I still have half a can left.
Having previously tried a number of other products costing between £6 and £8 from the local pet shop and outdoors store, the Indorex was considerably better, the can lasted at least 3 times as long, had better coverage and even when nearly empty gave a strong spray easily applied from half a metre away. I tended to spray just before going to bed, even without airing the rooms the smell was 99% gone by the next morning, it had no effect on my dogs (a lab and a similar sized crossbreed).
As a warning to others, we've used Frontline spot on for the last 8 years and never had a single flea until this summer. Apparently they haven't changed their formula for a long time and fleas are becoming resistant - I recommend moving to another product for your pet protection. Speak to your vet.
on 1 October 2013
Tried sooo many products and was at the end of my tether with the flea infestation. Sprayed the whole house with indorex and no more fleas! BUY THIS PRODUCT!!
on 13 March 2016
After being invaded by those pesky fleas and trying some of the treatments available in the local supermarket with no success, I was getting frustrated. Whilst treatment of your pets (mine are cats) is important to help them stop scratching and going crazy, the house is where most of the fleas are situated. One flea can release up to 50 eggs per day so very quickly things can get out of control. Therefore, treatment of your furniture and carpets is a vital part of eradication.

Researching online, I found this product and my experience along with others is extremely positive. Simply stated, it works! This product does produce fumes and you definitely should read the instructions and use in a well ventilated room, ensuring your animals are protected from the area. The spray is easy to use, with a good nozzle to depress, producing a good spray which can cover a square metre in 5 seconds. One can was able to treat 3 double bedrooms and the hallway so you get decent coverage. I left the rooms ventilated overnight and they were safe to use in the morning (7 hours).

That being said, it is not as straight forward as solely spraying for this to work. You need to hoover daily in high use areas and I would say twice weekly in low use areas. The fleas dramatically reduced and combined with treatment of the cats, I saw within 3 days the cats being flea free. Just remember that the product will kill adult fleas and their eggs but the cocoon stage isn't affected as well so you may need to treat again in 3 weeks but this doesn't mean the product doesn't work. I now have a can just in case they return.

Pros;
Simple to use, easy spray
One can covers a large surface area
Effective at killing fleas
No residue left
No stains produced (used on carpet, mattress, sofa)

Cons;
Flammable fumes
Animals must be kept away from treated areas till dry / fumes dissipated
Need to be able to ventilate room
Keep children away from areas treated.
on 4 December 2013
not a lot to like or dislike about this product.
It does the job and is very very much cheaper than buying from the vets
on 23 May 2014
As the saying goes......does what it says on the can! This product had immediate results and was easy to apply.
on 17 January 2016
Once in a while the cat comes in with the tell tale signs of a flea taking residence. The spray is really good at ensuring the temporary visitor doesn't take up residence and lay its offspring in the carpet/bedding et.c. It works for a year after each application. Obviously, you can't spray it on the cat, an alternative treatment drop is required to liberate the cat from the clutches of the evil leapers.