on 25 November 2011
This cable works fine with my 2nd generation i pod touch. It's good quality - you probably would assume it was a genuine Apple componant if you didnt know different.

The only but is make sure you have the right inputs on your TV - I had to buy a scart adaptor to connect it. That's not a problem as it only cost another £2.95 but its irritating. So, for the 'record'(!) make sure your TV has Composite Video input (thats the one with a yellow, red and white phono input) - if you have red green and blue its Componant video which is different - it still got a signal of sorts but no sound.

So now I can rent video's on line and play them on a larger screen and watch You Tube and view my 48000 or so digi pics that my file manager tells me I've accumulated over the years!!

Happy viewing
on 19 August 2011
I bought this to view videos from my ipod on the tv but was a bit apprehensive because reviews of similar products suggested that they did not work due to blocks put in place by Apple. However, as it wasn't expensive & I didn't want to throw £30 in Apple's direction I went ahead. Got the cable today and it does what it says on the tin. It works great with my ipod touch and I can now watch my itunes videos on the w/s tv. Cool. There is a loss of picture quality with some videos but this is caused by the quality of the source material, ie, don't expect some lifts from YouTube to be of HD quality, but if you sourced your video from itunes store or similar, you should be ok. The quality of the picture, in other words, is not a reflection on the quality of the cable, but rather of the quality of the source file and the size of your tv screen.
77 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 October 2012
Sadly 4OD and iPlayer don't support AV Out. But otherwise this lead works fine. Netflix streams onto TV really well.
on 21 October 2011
It works, connecting my iPad (One) to both an old Sony CRT,and new Samsung Flat Screen.
SO very pleased with it as it allows photo slide shows, music and videos on my iPad to be revewed on the big screen.
Unfortunately I actually bought it for watching UK TV (BBC iPlayer,ITV ,C5) in my tmeshare in Orlando,but found out when I got there that due to licensing issues,you can't watch UK TV abroad :-(
77 comments|27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 October 2014
The cable is great. Unfortunately I did an apple update and it no longer worked. Apples fault not the cable.
Review for 3 Port HDMI smart hub.

I only have one port free on a TV in my office so needed a splitter to watch SKY TV and my chromecast and fire TV stick.
The switch arrived in zip lock plastic bag with an instruction leaflet
The switch has a small section of cable roughly 45cm leading to a single HDMI cable to plug into your TV, on the switch itself there are 3 clearly labelled hdmi ports that you plug your devices into.
The switch has auto sensing capabilities so it should switch to a device you have just turned on or plugged in automatically, there is also a small button to press that manually switchs between each port if, each one has a light to indicate which one is currently active.

It works really well on all of my devices and the screen quality and sound are just the same as when plugged in directly to the TV.
It is a simple and easy way to hook up 3 hdmi devices when you only have 1 port on your tv or to keep wires tidy behind your home AV setup.
I received this product free or at a discount in exchange for an honest review, I am not affiliated with Amazon or the seller.
I spend a lot of time testing and checking a product as I like to make sure my review is honest and correct.
If you feel I have helped your purchase decision in anyway please click the "YES" button
on 26 February 2013
High quality and met all expectations fast delivery also excellent thankyou very much. The quality of the equipment is for all to see in the image it relays!
on 30 April 2016
I have an old 1080p TV in the children's playroom and only have two available HDMI slots. I saw this product and I immediately knew that it would fit my needs. Already there is a connection to a Blu-ray player, one for a SKY HD box connection (just for viewing), one for Chromecast and occasionally the children also want to plug their laptop or iPad 2 tablet into the back of the TV. It has even worked for NOWTV, Netflix and Wuaki TV,

This hub came in simple packaging and a set of instructions. It has a nice compact size and helps to reduce the clutter of wires at the back of my TV. It is very simple to use and essentially connects 3 devices simultaneously to one HDMI port. The switch is intelligent automatically detects whether 1, 2 or 3 devices are connected and then determines which device it is based on small transmitted voltage. With the help of a small switch, you can move it to the device you are using there and then. Similarly, when you want to use another device, simply move the switch to the HDMI connector for that corresponding device. A small light indicates which device is the active one. Now, I can have 4 devices using the two HDMI ports connected to my TV. All devices are fully compatible, and thus far, I've not encountered any connectivity issues.

Since the applications in the room are not so demanding, it copes admirably. I can't say how well it would cope with more demanding applications and different operating systems. Gone are the days now that I have to incessantly remove one cable to replace it with another. As it suits my children's needs, and invariably mine, I am happy to give this product 5 stars.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I received this product at a discount in return for an impartial, honest, unbiased review, which I have provided. All thoughts, considerations and opinions are strictly my own.

Thanks for reading this review. If you found it helpful please click the 'Yes' button below. If you have a question regarding the item, I will endeavour to answer it.
review image review image
on 9 February 2012
I got this cable mainly so I can view the very large video files the 4s generates with its 8MP camera. My old PC just isn't up to playing these HD video files on Quicktime, and it's nice to be able to view them before I have to copy them to my PC and convert them to something it can deal with.

I'm on iOS 5.1. The cable works well but only with certain applications. It doesn't just represent the iPhone screen on the TV, like someone suggested the 'proper' Apple cable will do (never seen this, just read a review from someone saying that's what the Apple cable will do).

Here's what I've found so far:

Camera Roll: Videos play with sound; photos can be viewed from SlideShow only
Videos: These play fine (as you'd expect!). Quality on a big screen depends on the quality/compression of the video (also as you'd expect!)
Music/iPod: Music plays with a blank screen on the TV
YouTube: Video with sound - same caveat on quality of the picture

BBC iPlayer: sound but no video
ITV Player: sound but no video
Other Apps: It varies. E.g Star Walk shows the night sky view but not some of the menus, other apps show nothing.

At £17 it's not cheap for a cable, but a lot cheaper than the Apple-brand equivalent.
on 1 May 2016
It works. The unit is useful for switching between three HDMI sources into a single HDMI input and I suppose the other way round as well (I didn't try this though!). This is useful if you have an older (or cheaper TV) that only has a single HDMI input and you have a few different sources such as games consoles, DVD players etc. that you would like to connect and you really can't be bothered to plug/unplug every time you want to switch between any of these inputs. My only criticism of the box is that there is a lead permanently fixed to the output (single port) stage so to extend this would require a male/female HDMI lead extension. If it had been ported the customer would have been able to select a lead of the appropriate length and fit directly to the box. I have installed this on my second TV which is used for gaming and when my partner watches something that I cannot bear to sit through so I don't mind that the switch is close to the TV in my study/gaming room setup - it may present problems in a main living room setup.
Please note that I received a discount or obtained this item(s) free as part of an incentive program.