I think this is a good purchase. Most reading mini lamps shown here use regular button sized batteries that die out and leave you wishing you had purchased a rechargeable unit. This one is... and it's battery lasts enough between recharges, so I'm satisfied with the purchase... but:
1- It feels a bit flimsy and fragile for the price it has.... and it is, indeed.
2- It takes forever to recharge the battery...
3- It has no indicator to know how much battery charge remains. It may look like a simple thing but you can find yourself out of ligth in just seconds, because power fades away very quickly from a given point without warning. For a cheaper item it would be acceptable, but not for a 30+ one.
This aside I don't regret buying it, because I know it will pay off in time saving me the cost of new batteries... I would recommend this product.