Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Feb 2011 20:46:54 GMT
What others are saying about "LEED GA Exam Guide"...

"Finally! A comprehensive study tool for LEED GA Prep!

"I took the 1-day Green LEED GA course and walked away with a power point binder printed in very small print-which was missing MUCH of the required information (although I didn't know it at the time). I studied my little heart out and took the test, only to fail it by 1 point. Turns out I did NOT study all the material I needed to in order to pass the test. I found this book, read it, marked it up, retook the test, and passed it with a 95%. Look, we all know the LEED GA exam is new and the resources for study are VERY limited. This one's the VERY best out there right now. I highly recommend it."
-ConsultantVA

"Complete overview for the LEED GA exam

"I studied this book for about 3 days and passed the exam ... if you are truly interested in learning about the LEED system and green building design, this is a great place to start."
-K.A. Evans

"I just finished taking the LEED GA exam and, thankfully, I passed it on the first try by using this book as my primary study guide...I particularly liked the way the author organized the information within it. "
-Lewis Colon

"My name is Elizabeth (last name deleted to protect her privacy) and I am a junior at the University of....(college name deleted to protect her privacy). This summer I attained an internship with Kath Williams and Associates, a collaborative of creative independent contractors who come together to support innovative green projects, to learn about sustainable building. At the beginning of July I spoke with Kath about taking the LEED Green Associate Exam. After having no prior experience in sustainable architecture or LEED buildings I used both your review book and the study guides by USGBC as my study references. I wanted to e-mail to thank you for such a comprehensive review guide that was enormously helpful in passing the exam. Without your guide I don't know if I would have passed. Thank you so much. "
-Elizabeth

"A Great Book for Preparing the LEED Exam!

"I have read almost all the books for LEED Exams, and found LEED Exam Guide Series to be the best. The USGBC Reference Guide was too detailed and kind of confusing. Some other third party books have too many grammatical mistakes and are hard to understand, and way too many questions. The questions in those books are confusing instead of helpful. The USGBC workshop missed some of the very important information, like extra credits.
LEED Exam Guide Series gives you just the right amount of information for you to pass the LEED exam. Each book in the series includes study materials, sample questions and answers, as well as mock exam and answers for a specific LEED exam. It also gives you the most information for you to get your building LEED certified. A Great book! "
-Ellen

"Like other books in the LEED Exam Guide Series, this is a great timesaver! The important information that you need to memorize is already highlighted / underlined by the author. This can really save me a lot of time. I love it! A Great Timesaver! "
-Alice

"A Wonderful Guide for the LEED GA Exam

"After deciding to take the LEED Green Associate exam, I started to look for the best possible study materials and resources. From what I thought would be a relatively easy task, it turned into a tedious endeavor. I realized that there are vast amounts of third-party guides and handbooks. Since the official sites offer little to no help, it became clear to me that my best chance to succeed and pass this exam would be to find the most comprehensive study guide that would not only teach me the topics, but would also give me a great background and understanding of what LEED actually is. Once I stumbled upon Mr. Chen's book, all my needs were answered. This is a great study guide that will give the reader the most complete view of the LEED exam and all that it entails.

"The book is written in an easy-to-understand language and brings up great examples, tying the material to the real world. The information is presented in a coherent and logical way, which optimizes the learning process and does not go into details that will not be needed for the LEED Green Associate Exam, as many other guides do. This book stays dead on topic and keeps the reader interested in the material.

"I highly recommend this book to anyone that is considering the LEED Green Associate Exam. I learned a great deal from this guide, and I am feeling very confident about my chances for passing my upcoming exam."
-Pavel Geystrin

"Easy to read, easy to understand

"I have read through the book once and found it to be the perfect study guide for me. The author does a great job of helping you get into the right frame of mind for the content of the exam. I had started by studying the Green Building Design and Construction reference guide for LEED projects produced by the USGBC. That was the wrong approach, simply too much information with very little retention. At 636 pages in textbook format, it would have been a daunting task to get through it. Gang Chen breaks down the points, helping to minimize the amount of information but maximizing the content I was able to absorb. I plan on going through the book a few more times, and I now believe I have the right information to pass the LEED Green Associate Exam."
-Brian Hochstein

"All in one-LEED GA prep material

"Since the LEED Green Associate exam is a newer addition by USGBC, there is not much information regarding study material for this exam. When I started looking around for material, I got really confused about what material I should buy. This LEED GA guide by Gang Chen is an answer to all my worries! It is a very precise book with lots of information, like how to approach the exam, what to study and what to skip, links to online material, and tips and tricks for passing the exam. It is like the `one stop shop' for the LEED Green Associate Exam. I think this book can also be a good reference guide for green building professionals. A must-have!"
-SwatiD

"An ESSENTIAL LEED GA Exam Reference Guide

"This book is an invaluable tool in preparation for the LEED Green Associate (GA) Exam. As a practicing professional in the consulting realm, I found this book to be all-inclusive of the preparatory material needed for sitting the exam. The information provides clarity to the fundamental and advanced concepts of what LEED aims to achieve. A tremendous benefit is the connectivity of the concepts with real-world applications.

"The author, Gang Chen, provides a vast amount of knowledge in a very clear, concise, and logical media. For those that have not picked up a textbook in a while, it is very manageable to extract the needed information from this book. If you are taking the exam, do yourself a favor and purchase a copy of this great guide. Applicable fields: Civil Engineering, Architectural Design, MEP, and General Land Development."
-Edwin L. Tamang

"Wonderful resource!
"This book is well organized and concise. The material is completely relevant and truly is what helped me to pass the LEED Green Associate exam! I used this book as my primary study material and found it more than sufficient. I recommend this book to anyone preparing to take the LEED GA exam!"
-Joel i. Semel

"Best LEED GA study package!
1) This book is easy to read.
2) This book successfully give you a much needed crash course on literally how to study (for this exam and any other exam for that matter) and how to use the material provided most efficiently.
3) The material in this book is able to zoom in on the most important items required to pass the exam, and deliver each item in a way which seems less technical and easier to remember.

The bottom line:
This book is one of a kind at the time of this review, and could be the most affordable tutor available."
-P O "Philz," Practicing Architect

"A must have if you want to pass!
"This is a must have if you want to pass the GA Exam, the author gang chen is able to break down the material in an easy format for you to not only memorize but really learn the material. This is an answer to anyone trying to take the exams worries! It is a very accurate book with tons of knowledge on how to prepare for the exam, what to remember and what not to worry about.
I truly believe with this book you can pass the exam!

I highly recommend this book to anyone that is considering the LEED GA exam. I learned a great deal from this guide, and I am feeling very confident in my abilities to pass this exam and the next exams after."
-Jason

"Highly recommend!
"As a LEED Exam Prep Instructor, I'm always searching for good additional resources to recommend to my students. Gang Chen's book is that and more. By giving you only the essentials, you know not only WHAT to study, but also what NOT to study. He goes another step further by giving you tips on HOW to study, which is just as important. His memorization techniques and scheduling tips will make studying for the exam not so overwhelming. He's even included a practice exam! Compact and concise, the book is easy to keep with you for studying wherever and whenever you have a few moments. Add some color with highlighters or use the information contained within to make your own flash cards, and you'll have a great resource that you WILL turn to again and again as you prepare for your exam.

In addition, this is not a book that will gather dust after you pass the exam. It's a valuable reference that can assist you in managing a LEED project. Chen gives information on submittals, synergies, strategies and technologies, and responsible parties that will help keep any LEED project on track. All this is arranged conveniently by credit and is applicable to most of the LEED rating systems. He tells you when and where the information applies. I highly recommend this book."
-Mary Lea Tucker

"A great review guide!
"While many review books simply provide questions and answers, the LEED GA Exam Guide also explains the exam without being bulky. The book explains all the parts of the exam, gives tips on how to study and prepare for the exam. Rather than just throwing questions at you, it explains LEED and what you are studying, and lets you know exactly what to expect when taking the exam. It is simple and straightforward, but not overwhelming like many other exam preparation books. The book is written in a simple way, without fancy layouts and page design, making it easier to follow. The information provided is more than adequate to provide a clear understanding of the exam and how to prepare for it. The book provides examples to explain how the information fits into the world. I feel confident that the book will provide all the tools I need to pass the LEED GA exam."
-Angela Keppel

"Fantastic LEED GA exam review guide!
"This guide is a lifesaver! Gang masterfully crafted the guide to provide the reader with a tool to effectively study for the exams. The questions test the knowledge well and cut through to the valuable subject matter. Working as a developer, it's important to manage time as efficiently as possible and this guide provides that! This is the must-have and must-use guide to prepare for LEED. Thanks!"
- Jayme

"Feel confident taking the LEED Green Associate Exam
"The LEED GA Exam Guide is a great resource for those preparing to take the USGBC LEED Green Associate Exam. The book features a chapter that discusses in great detail the information necessary that will be on the exam. Earlier portions of the text set the stage for what to expect on the exam and allow each individual to create a plan to prepare for test day. The Mock Exam at the end of the book provides 100 sample questions that are crucial in preparing for the exam. The questions crafted in the mock exam will help you understand what areas you need to focus on before taking the actual exam. I found this part of the text to be the most valuable.

After reading the LEED GA Exam Guide, along with the USGBC material, I feel confident taking the exam. I would recommend this book to anyone seeking the LEED Green Associate designation."
-M_Camarena

"Definitely a 5-Star Book!
"After reading Gang Chen's book on preparation for the LEED exams, I consider it to be one of the best "How To" books I've read. He has done an extraordinary job in organizing the book in a way to make it easily understood and has provided several tips on how to study and remember the material. I also liked the many links he provided for additional information. It is definitely a 5-Star Book."
-Hal Shipley
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions