4.5 out of 5 stars1,914
Style Name: 50pk Spindle|Change

on 29 August 2009
Yes! Don't waste your time looking around for the best inkjet printable disc because you have just found it. As a professional videographer I have to make sure of first class quality without paying over the top. I have found the 43533 disc to be the most reliable yet and the print quality is superb and after writing to about 400 discs I can only recall having 2 faulty and that is incredible because before using these discs I could throw away up to 20% of other brands that failed to write without the odd breakdown. I have also shopped around for these discs and Amazon always comes up with the best delivered price.
44 comments|50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 June 2007
I have used these discs with Nero and a Pioneer DVR-109 writer with no failures or 'coasters' for nearly 2 years, which is as long as I have been using the respective versions of this disc. I have kept the firmware updated on my writer and always leave the computer to do it's thing rather than multi-task when writing.

The discs have proven reliable and stable - what more could I want or need?
on 6 April 2008
After using a 25 pack of these, I bought two 25pk Kodak DVD-Rs, only to be disappointed and regretting buying them in the first place. So I went back to these Verbatim DVD-Rs, which have once again proved their worth and impeccable efficiency. I've used these for all sorts of multimedia stuff (movies, songs, documents, software) and so far no problems encountered. Also these DVDs last for a very long time, if kept in good condition. I still have Verbatim DVDs from last year, which are in perfect working state.

Just to ensure all DVDs have a high success rate after burning, I burn all my CDs/DVDs at half the speed.

These are definitely worth every penny!! And with a lifetime warranty, what else could you want?!
33 comments|27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 May 2009
Verbatim have an excellent reputation in the industry and it is largely deserved. They played a major part in the testing of 16x blank DVD media so they know how to produce quality materials. They were also the LAST major manufacturer to launch 16x blanks as they were more thorough in their testing than everyone else.

I am just about to order two more spindles of these. I researched the market very carefully before I bought any photo-printable DVDs and since moving to Verbatim, I have found no reason to look for another brand. I have had only one failure out of over 500 pieces and that was down to a failure in my DVD drive (now replaced).

DVD drives fail remarkably quickly if you burn a lot of blanks so watch for errors in the hardware and be willing to replace the drive if it shows signs of wear. Someone else here said that DVD burners are very cheap now so don't waste 50 blanks - spend a little on a new burner instead.

Which brings me on to the caution in the title of this review. Check the maximum burning speed of your DVD drive. These blanks are rated for 16x and that is a MAXIMUM you should attempt to use for successful results.

Many new drives now support 18x or higher burning speeds and your software may automatically assume it's OK to burn at this speed. You should limit the burn speed to that rated on the blank.

If you stick to the limits of the media, you should not have high failure rates but be willing to accept the odd one. Nothing is perfect!
on 28 August 2008
These Verbatim blank discs are the best.. never have had to throw any out 100% burn success rate.
on 16 July 2009
Disks arrived in Blue/Orange packaging with the AZ0 logo.
Media code is MCC03RG20. For those who don't know already there are big differences in the quality of recordable DVD's on the market. The brand name is some help but several different media codes may be used by each brand. Verbatim are generally considered one of the better brands. Media codes are everything and unfortunetly they are not marked on the boxes!
These are advertised as 16x. I checked a disk using Qsuite ver 2.1 (supplied with my BENQ DW1640 DVD burner) to check the Tracking Errors and Focus Errors. It advised me that 12x is the fastest that these disks would work reliably. Other tools may provide different information/results and quality can vary depending on your DVD burner. In the past I have had RITEKF1 disks (not branded as Verbatim) which only burned reliably at 2.4x despite being advertised at 16x. Conclusion is that these disks are better than most but I will probably only burn at 8x maximum to be safe.
33 comments|125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 April 2006
After using 25 of these, I ordered 50 Imation DVD-R, only to discover that the very first one - on (fast forward) checking! - had picture break-up, so I went back these Verbatim DVD-R 16x which have proved flawless on my Toshiba RD-XS32 DVD/HDD recorder. As ever, Amazon too proved flawless with their courteous and rapid communication and refund in full - top marks once again! Sometimes it really does pay to check and re-check - and to purchase where there's a guarantee you know you can trust.
on 7 October 2006
The DVDs are good (Verbatim's always are - I don't buy anything else).

The main reason for this feedback is to let new buyers of printable DVDs know that there are two types: photo (i.e. inkjet) printable and thermal printable. You cannot print photo printable with a thermal printer or vice versa. I'm dumb and didn't know this ...

These DVDs are just described as printable. FYI - they are photo printable - you can't print them with a thermal printer.
0Comment|178 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 14 June 2006
Despite some poor reviews, I've had 100% success with these discs. They were recorded on a cheap PC DVD recorder, and then all played back perfectly on a mega-expensive, mega-fussy Toshiba player. Out of a spindle of 25 discs, I achieved 25 perfect recordings which is better than any other discs I have used. I've no idea if it helps, but I always record at half the stated speed of the discs - hence the above results were had by recording at x8, rather than x16.

I think that judging the performance of media such as this is very difficult to do objectively. My personal experience is that often the media is blamed when the real problem lies with a faulty DVD writer.
on 30 June 2009
What can I say? They work everytime! I have bought several 100 packs for myself and my father and they have all recorded without error. I use them to back up my pc and Dad uses them in his DVD recorder.