Style Name: Extra Protection 50pk Spindle|Change

on 1 June 2005
As a DJ I can't have my CDs skipping and jumping so I need a reliable brand of CDR. I rip my vinyl records and burn them to these Verbatim disks and have not had any coasters (duff CDs) yet. I have now burnt over 100 CDs in the last few months and have just ordered another pack of 100. Amazon's price is the cheapest around, and with Super Saver delivery it makes it even better.
on 25 March 2009
Not a bad thing to say about these. Really pleased with them. Had no "coasters" so far. Music is clear, no problems at all. Titles can be written on the disc with a felt pen.
Not one coaster out of all the ones I've burned since buying this excellent value spindle from Amazon. Can't ask for more than that, can you?
on 25 July 2010
I don't get the reviews sometimes. My car cd player would skip all over the shop with memorex cd's but, these are just dandy and fine. Good recording and replay, no worries whatever. I guess it's just more to do with the equipment these and all writable cd's are being used upon? Anyway, good stuff!
VINE VOICEon 17 June 2005
I've only used about twenty-five of these discs so far but I have been using them for backing up data, writing VCDs and music CDs and I haven't had a single problem yet using Roxio Easy CD Creator 6 on the fastest burn speed.
I'm sure they'd also make good coasters and frisbees but I've not had one go bad to try with yet!
on 16 June 2008
I've been using 43411 Verbatim CD-R's for over 2 years now. I've used hundreds converting my extensive record collection onto CD with only one or 2 failure's. They truly are the best CD-R I've found. However this last batch have produced 9 coasters & I haven't even used the full hundred yet. The disks arrive in different packaging to that pictured with no mention of Super Azo on the packaging. Verbatim make a big thing out of this & it's usually featured if the disc complies. Also all my past Super Azo disc's have a blue hue, these are just silver. When I run a disc thru' Nero it reports the manufacturer as 'Prodisc'; a proprietary manufacturer.
Either Verbatim have started outsourcing their disc manufacture or these are counterfeit. Whatever, I will be sourcing my Verbatim discs elsewhere in future.
44 comments| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 August 2005
I bought 2 packs 4 months ago and have already finished them, burnt them using both my DVD and CD writer and they're just perfect, no problem at all.
I tried some other CD-R and some of them get a bit sticky when the weather's warmer, but not for these Verbatim disks. I'd definitely recommend them for people who are looking for reliability.
on 10 August 2014
Similar to a lot of the other customers, I purchased these Verbatim CD-R's based on the last spindle I had - which were super (and possibly bought from the high street).

I've never had a problem with them in the past, but after trying (and failing) to write a number of audio CD's on these it was clear that they are an inferior product - and possibly knock-off/counterfeit.

They would not burn at all. They crashed and froze during every burn process I attempted. After a number of restarts, driver tests, and tantrums it was apparent that the problem was neither me, my pc, or what I was trying to burn - it was the CD-R's. They simply do not work.

Very disappointing and a waste of money. Boo!
55 comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 July 2009
Good price, reliable performance and no coasters. What more can I say? Buy with confidence.
on 2 May 2015
I've always had a 100% success rate when burning to Verbatim CD-Rs, but this batch has been terrible. I'm about a third of the way through the pack of 100 and so far I've had around a 50% 'coaster' rate (ie, the burned discs won't play properly or at all in my CD player). I've experimented with different CD burning software, burn speeds, and two different CD burning drives. Even those that do work properly don't sound that great - I'm one of those pretentious audiophile types with an eye-wateringly expensive hifi, and I can tell the difference between a good burn and a bad one: with these, the frequency range is reduced (especially at the top end, so hi-hats and cymbals sound slightly harsh or scratchy).
Nothing seems to increase the success rate, so I'm putting it down to a drop in quality of the discs themselves.
I've requested a refund and I'll try another brand of disc from now on.