Format: Paperback|Change

on 23 November 2001
This is a typical Susan Lewis novel full of characters to whom you immediately identify and want to become best friends with. The plot, as always with Ms Lewis, twists and turns in expected and unexpected ways, making you want to slam the book down in frustration at how the events and characters are unwinding, especially as you nearer the latter part of the book. Ms Lewis' characters are so deliciously magnetic from the extremely vindictive Dyllis Fisher who is just so evil, to the handsome and enigmatic Lawrence McAllister who made my heart beat a little bit faster and a little bit harder when his character entered the book, and finally to the beautiful and flawless Kirsten Meredith whom you'll want to shoot as you'll be so jealous of her looks, personality and the fact that McAllister is in love with her. Vengeance made me laugh and cry with both happiness and sadness and after reading the final word I sat lost in thought reminiscing about the characters and wishing I could pick up the next book and carry on with the story. As always Susan Lewis has got the characters just right.
on 1 August 1999
The first book i ever read by Susan Lewis and it got me hooked! Following Kirsten and Lawrence and how Dyllis tries to ruin Kirsten makes you laugh and cry. From New Orleans to Italy to England this book takes you from how one person overcame the hatred of one vicious women. Murder and mystery but also one of the most touching and love stories i have read. Amazing.
on 26 February 2012
I am (or maybe, was) a big fan of Susan Lewis. but this book has put me right off. The story is Ms Lewis at her best - lots of twists and turns and gripping cliffhangers. However, the thing that spoiled it for me were the endless, graphic descriptions of the sexual exploits particularly of the two main characters. I am not a prude, by any stretch of the imagination, but I didn't think that these narratives were necessary, or added anything to the story whatsoever. Quite the reverse, in fact. I am writing this review some time after reading the book and am finding it difficult to read other Susan Lewis titles, due to the fear of finding similar such narratives in them. Please give us a break, Susan. We all know what goes on, but we don't necessarily want to read about it.
on 8 October 2003
As a fan of Susan Lewis I looked forward to being able to read 'Vengeance', as I have previously found Lewis to be a fantastic novelist who manages to create suspension and intrigue in all her books. 'Vengeance' didn't disappoint, despite not being as good as previous attempts such as 'Stolen Beginnings'. The plot centers on the beautiful Kristen Meredith the 'Kristie Doll' and her hate campaign in the national press after 'taking' Paul Fisher away from his wife Dillion Fisher. Dillion will not let Kristen be happy so when by fluke she meets up with Laurence, Dillion will do whatever she can to stop Kristens future happiness. A fantastic plot, which is a must read by Susan Lewis' many fans!
on 24 August 2000
This was my first Susan Lewis novel and I was not disappointed with it. The characters were good and surprisingly well written for a summer blockbuster. It was fun sexy and well written only overshadowed by the fact that there was little growth of the main character Kristen and as for our hero well he never really gets of the page he doesn't stand by her when she needs him most and then of course for the sake of his son he again rejects her.
She is supposedly the great love of his life yet he dumps her with apparent ease whenever trouble looms. I would also have like more time spent on her nemeis as she plotted against her.
But it shows Susan Lewis ability as a reader that I both finished the book and apart from a few misgivings (more lust than a feeling of genuine emotion amongst most of the characters)I finished the book and enjoyed it but it will be my one and only Susan Lewis novel they are a bit beautiful people and rely too much on the action between the sheets senses for my taste.
on 5 October 2013
This is a blockbuster af a book, 748 pages long. Cutting out some of the long explicit sex scenes would have vastly improveed my enjoyment of the book. I got pretty good at skimming pages.
However, true to form Lewis develops a great plot, with some interesting twists. Anyone interested in film production would have understood the long descriptions of procedures. Again skimming for me.
on 29 July 2012
This is my 6th Susan lewis book and although | have enjoyed all of them, "Vengeance" is my favourite. Right from the start it becomes "unputdownable"! I love to have nice long story because I am always disappointed when it comes to an end, this was just perfect, long enough but not "war & peace"! The story was great, the characters colourful and utterly believable with so much depth.
I was so engrossed in this exciting story that I ended up very short of sleep for a week!
I particulalry enjoyed the stories within the story. Every page wanted me to carry on turning pages, I couldn't wait to read the next one, I couldn't read it quickly enough. There were many twists and turns and many surprises. Susan Lewis must have an amazing mind!
I loved every aspect of this lovely, exciting, gripping and well written book.
Look forward to reading more of Susan Lewis.
Verity
on 18 January 2013
I did like this book, but did go on a bit, and felt it could have been shorter! Was happy in places and very sad in places. I love Susan Lewis books, but not one her best!
on 16 November 2009
Wow!!! This is another brilliant novel from the great Susan Lewis.
From the start to the finish this book will have you completely enthralled. Both the characters and the storyline are believable and each chapter brings different layers to the plot and it works its way to a great climax.
I am a Susan Lewis fan and wait patiently for her latest novel to be published and this book is one of the best.
Don't even hesitate....go and buy it. You won't be disaapointed.
on 19 June 2010
Good book, story grabs you from the start, lots of plots twists that build as the story goes on.However as i got to the end, i expected a great ending that the story seemed to building too, but ended flat.Maybe just me, other reviewers seem to love it. Overall i will read her other books.