on 25 October 2013
Spent weeks researching a range of tripods. For £20 I noticed that tripods were typically flimsy and unstable until moving into £40-£50 price brackets. However, I was really surprised with this tripod: really stable (even when centre section is increased to max), has thick metal and can pan sideways, up and down smoothly. When shooting recently I noticed that the edge of my frame in the viewfinder was not aligned with the building that I wanted to capture as I was on slight uneven ground; however the tripiod can also tilt the camera sideways to correct this. Argos supply this product for £40 so they obviously think the tripod justifies the £40 bracket. If you're new to SLR photography like me (just purchased the Nikon D3100) and are not ready to spend hundreds on a tripod and are wondering 'which tripod to buy for a decent price', then take it from me that this is 'the' tripod to buy. I even chose this over the £50 Manfrotto MKC3-HO1 tripod. Please note that no carry bag is included with this product, but for the price this is more than acceptable and cheap ones can be found on Ebay, Amazon etc.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 19 February 2014
A very impressive tripod, which is both steady and robust and yet extremely lightweight and consequently an excellent complement to the latest breed of digital cameras. (In my case it is a Nikon Coolpix P520 Camera - Black (18.1MP, 42xZoom, 24mm Wide Lens) 3.2 inch LCD)

It was also most cost-effective at the time of purchase, especially when compared with similar products.

However it is important to mention that a tripod bag is an essential additional purchase in order to make the most of this excellent tripod. I chose a Velbon Case 600, at the time of purchase and it arrived in the same box as the tripod itself, which was most helpful.
on 12 July 2013
I am thrilled with this tripod which is crafted really well and it is hard to believe one can get a tripod of this quality for the price asked. It was a little disappointing that no portage bag was included and I had to go to Wex to get one that fitted.

Perhaps you should make one available for the prospective customer....

Product arrived well-packed very promptly.

Many thanks
Peter Tickle
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 12 August 2014
After trashing a few cheap tripods I am impressed by the solid quality feel of the DF-51.

Operation is smooth sturdy and easy. If this is your budget you will be hunting around a while for better. It is not going to be satisfying those looking for top professional grade but I will say casual users buying their first tripod can buy with confidence. Bits are not going to fall off within just a few uses. The legs are quite substantial for the price point. As others indicate no carry bag is supplied so all the money has gone into the tripod which is good.

The unboxed weight by the way is 1.4kg.
on 19 March 2014
Ideal for people who have never invested in a tripod, such as myself. Allows you to get used to using them before you buy one that is more expensive.
on 9 September 2015
This stand is amazing. It provides great stability, the panning is decent, but its not a fluid Head so that is to be expected for the price.
The Head is not replaceable so that is a disadvantage but for such a good price you will be very satisfied with the stand.
Fits almost any standard screw camera and can hold up to 3kg. The stand can stretch to become very tall in height and very compact when closed.
You really cannot ask for much better!
on 7 September 2015
I have been looking for quite a while for a tripod for my Nikon and saw many reviews in magazines. Most of them were at a price from 100 Pounds upwards and have bee put off buying one for budget reasons as I am just a guy who enjoys taking pictures however wants something that would give me some effects with landscaping photography.
for the price the product has a very strong feeling and seems perfect for what offers.
on 7 January 2014
When I saw this tripod for sale at this low price, I was a bit dubious of the quality and sturdiness of it. When it arrived, I was immediately impressed with its build quality, also how steady it was even at its longest extension. I also like the quick-release plate, which I've left attached to the camera. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone looking for a quality, low-budget tripod.
on 21 July 2015
I'm skeptical that this would hold up particular well outdoors, but if you just want a simple indoor or calm weather tripod that won't break the bank this has everything you need and works perfectly. My one gripe is that the mount that screws into the camera isn't the easiest to get on and off the head of the tripod, but it's still perfectly doable.
on 11 May 2015
i am a young 68yrs of age an a beginner and novice to photography, i just got
a panasonic fz72, was told i needed a tripod because of camera shake when
using the zoom, i purchased this tripod, its rugged an durable for the price,
it has great features,