VINE VOICEon 29 December 2011
ThIs is a great little charger for the iphone 4s and ipad 2 (tried them both). It's very light - around a £1 coin in diameter and approx 10 cm in length. It easily slips into a pocket and comes with a sock to protect the metal casing. It gives around one full charge worth of battery for an iphone 4s which is perfect for my needs. Anything of larger capacity would have been too bulky for me.

It comes with various adaptors to fit different phone types. When charging from the mains a blue light comes on which changes to red when its full. Only thing mising is some indication of how much charge is left in it, but I can't complain I'd much rather have something small and reliable than a larger battery with more functions. Great product and solidly built.
on 14 December 2012
Where to start! I really liked this piece of kit. This particular purchase was to give as a present but I'd previously bought one to use with my Samsung Galaxy SIII on the spur of the moment from a retail outlet when I spotted it while shopping for something else, (it cost twice the price of this one). The one I bought for myself was put through it's paces while I was working at London 2012, where it was continually being used to charge various Games Makers phones between being charged up from the computer USB port. One USB charge will give a single phone charge. It was invaluable and the interchanging connectors means that it could be used for all different types of phones...viz my phone is a Samsung Galaxy SIII and it was used to charge three or four different types of phones including a Blackberry and an iphone. It's small, unobtrusive, will slip onto a pocket or handbag and take up very little space. Until recently It fully charged my phone, however the last time I used it, I noticed it only charged my phone to 85%, (the unit is only 3 months old). Whether this was a temporary glitch or is showing a reduction in performance, I have yet to find out. If so this could be a downside of the product. Other negative points are that the unit lights up when charging from the USB port and the colours are the opposite way to what I expected. It glowed blue when in the process of charging and red when fully charged. I would have expected those colours to be the other way round. However, the unit charges fairly quickly from the USB port and will charge my phone up pretty quickly too.

It comes with a cute little knitted 'sock' which is big enough to hold the unit plus both the USB and phone cables, however there is no closer on the sock so the unit tends to slide out and roll around in the bottom of a handbag. A press stud or similar closer would have been useful to prevent this. I have also found that the rubberised print on the unit has started to wear off already, probably because it's slipped out of it's sock and has been rolling around in my bag. That aside, it's a terrific standby that can be connected to a phone, quickly, easily and without the hassle of dismantling the phone to insert a second fully charged battery. It will allow you to continue to use your phone while connected and I would recommend it to anyone. Item arrived quickly and well packaged.
on 20 January 2014
This is a new model with a Micro USB charging (input) port and a USB output port, like most other portable chargers of this design, not the four ring jack socket (pictured in the description) used in the original model. The relatively low 2200mah battery capacity and 500ma charge current remain the same. It is slightly longer than the original model (by about 5mm), has a slimmer sock case and only needs one cable, which doubles as the phone charging cable and to charge the Pebble from a full-sized USB port - it still has a selection of phone connectors, the micro USB one also serves to charge the pebble. This also means you should be able to charge it from phone chargers with micro-usb plugs (android etc).

As the USB output socket is quite large, I was slightly concerned that when in a purse or pocket, it might be possible for small metal objects, like the ends of door keys to get in the socket and short the pebble out unless you remember to put it in its sock with the sockets facing down.

I got this for a friend, who saw me using mine. I've had a Veho pebble for over one year, it's fine for charging older smart phones like the Galaxy Ace and huawei u8180, although I gather some more power hungry phones may refuse to charge - so check your phone manual to make sure it will charge from a 500ma supply.
on 3 December 2013
Bought this with some apprehension as read some negative reviews. However, pleased to say so far it's worked very well. As the Pebble has a larger battery capacity than my iPhone 4S it actually charges the phone to 100%. It's not exactly light, but in a shoulder bag etc you don't notice the weight. Comes with plenty of adapters for various phones. One criticism is that the little sock it comes with is opened ended, i.e. No drawstring to pull tight to keep the Pebble in the sock. It does tend to full out.
However, if you use your smartphone a lot then this is a very handy accessory, which I would recommend.
on 25 February 2012
I spent ages trying to find a back up charger for my HTC phone and my IPAD. I travel a lot with work with A lot of kit and needed a charger with a large capacity and doesn't take up too much space while being kind to the old wallet.

This charger meets all those criteria and more. It comes with a multitude of different charging adapters and it can be charged from your laptop or a USB plug that are becoming more and more common these days. Once charged stick it in your pocket or your bag with the relevant adopters and off you go! It charges my phone and my iPad just as quick as they would charge normally.

My only criticism (and I'm splitting hairs here) is the little carry pouch it comes with doesn't close at the end so it has a habit of falling out along with the adapters. A sealable pouch would be ideal but this doesn't take away from the product at all.
on 23 October 2013
After reading the reviews I was nervous about buying the pebble smartstick, but with Amazon's great return policy I thought what the hay. Thankfully the pebble has worked remarkably well and continues to do so. I took this to Glastonbury and it charged my phone fully when my battery on my iphone was very low.

Note to users - this takes a few hours to fully charge and has to be done via your laptop/PC. This is a bit of a pain, but once charged fully the red light changes to green.

Another note - when you use the pebble to charge your phone/or whatever the item make sure you leave the pebble connected until the pebble is fully drained. Don't make the mistake I did and remove the pebble to check the progress, as sadly you only get to charge once. If you try and cannot reconnect to continue the charge it will not work. Wish I'd known this little nugget of information whilst in the middle of a field in Somerset!

Apart from that the pebble is well worth the money, especially for those charger emergencies!
on 9 December 2011
My son brought me this the other day as I'm always forgetting to charge my phone up. This Smartstick charges up in my purse while I am on the go, it's amazing! I have a Nokia and a Blackberry (for work) and it has different tips for each of the phones.

I'm no good with technology but it's really simple, I charge it up once and then when my phone is low on battery it then charges up my phone. I get the train a lot so I don't always have access to a plug point but with my Smartstick I can charge it up ANYWHERE!

I really like the fact that it's Pink and also because Veho donate £1 to every unit sold, I feel happy knowing my money is going to a worthy cause. They also do it in other colours so I think I'm going to buy the other colours for the rest of the family as stocking fillers.

I'm very happy with this, a excellent purchase from my son.
on 10 January 2013
I did not purchase this product via Amazon, but wish to alert others to it's shortcomings before they think about buying one.

Nice idea, compact and looks great. However it utterly failed to charge either my Samsung Galaxy S2 or my Blackberry, whether switched on or off. Indeed both phones when switched on registered a "the connected device is unable to charge your phone" message.

On closer inspection the output from these devices is extremely low and so is unlikely to be powerful enough to charge a power-hungry phone when it's switched on - which is when they are most likely to be needed!

Other products are of course available, but a carrying spare phone battery may be a better solution!
88 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 October 2013
As others have said, it does what you expect.
I suspect, like mine, later smartphones may struggle with receiving a full charge but it's a handy thing to have for when you inevitably run out of juice after a day of watching YouTube.
on 30 July 2013
This is the 2nd ive had of these, I only bought a 2nd as I lost the first. For some reason this one is not as effective, it doesnt hold as much charge and doesnt charge as quickly. Its a bit random, Im reluctant to purchase another.