Free up your beauty routine and enjoy a simple solution to smooth skin
Because Veet’s Wax Strips leave you silky smooth for longer you’ll have more free time in-between waxes! It couldn’t be simpler.
A few seconds is all it takes to warm a wax strip between your hands, apply and remove. Each one has been carefully chosen to leave you feeling pampered and ready for anything.
So now you can always feel silky smooth and radiant. Just wax and go!
Veet Wax Strips leave you feeling smooth for up to 4 weeks and can be used on hair as short as 1.5mm.
5 Steps to beautiful touchably smooth skin
- Rub the wax strip between your hands for approximately 5 seconds to warm the wax. Top tip: If you are waxing for a special occasion, try not to do it the night before to avoid any tell-tale redness.
- Holding the EasyGrip tab, slowly peel the strips apart.
- Apply the strip with EasyGrip tab to your leg towards the ankle and rub the strip repeatedly in the direction of hair growth (knee to ankle).
- Holding the EasyGrip tab, pull the strip back on itself against the direction of hair growth (from ankle to knee for legs) very quickly and in one swift motion, keeping the strip as close to your skin as possible. Hold the skin taut to avoid discomfort.
- After waxing, remove any excess wax with a Perfect Finish wipe.
Good hair removal is an essential element of any summer holiday. When it comes to hair removal, the choice of products is vast so it’s best to consider the following:
- Time you have available – 10 minutes to get ready for a date or time to really pamper yourself?
- Your pain threshold – let’s face it, waxing isn’t pain free despite the fantastic results!
- The result you want to achieve – longer lasting, soft hair or a quick fix that’ll last 1-2 days
How does waxing work?
Wax clings to the hair shaft (and not the skin), which is then removed from the root by the mechanical action of removing the wax or fabric strip from the skin. Hair regrowth is soft to the touch and you will not need to depilate again for up to 4 weeks.
Is Waxing suitable for everyone?
Waxing is not suitable for the elderly or diabetics, and though suitable for pregnant women, may cause bruising. Certain areas of the body should only be waxed if you have previous waxing experience. It is advisable for children under 16 to be supervised by an adult when using any depilatory method.
How long do I have to wait between applications of Veet Wax products?
Hair growth is very individual so timings vary. Hair should be between 1,5 and 5mm long as a minimum, depending on which Veet wax product you are using.
Why do I need waxing experience for my underarms and bikini line, but not for my legs?
Because the bikini line and underarms are more sensitive and challenging areas to wax than legs.
Top Waxing Tips
- Exfoliate your skin 24 hours before waxing: the wax will cling better to the hair and will be more effective.
- Rub an ice cube over the area you plan to wax, dry your skin thoroughly and then begin waxing. This will quickly cool your skin making the hair easier to remove in one go.
- To soothe the skin after strip removal, immediately apply pressure with your hand.
- Sensitive skin can be susceptible to red bumps after hair removal no matter what depilation method is used. To avoid red bumps it's important not to wax your legs before or after a very hot bath or shower, as this can irritate the skin.
- Try to avoid waxing during your period as skin is at its most sensitive.
- Exfoliate once or twice a week using a body brush or salt scrub to remove dead skin and give your circulation a boost.
- If you get the odd in-growing hair, rub lemon juice on to the affected area – the fruit acids help to exfoliate the skin which should relieve the problem.
- If you’re waxing for a special occasion, make sure you allow a day for any redness to die down.
- If you haven’t waxed before, try waxing your legs first – they’re the easiest, and less sensitive than other areas.
Creams vs. Waxing
Creams work so well because they go below the surface to dissolve the proteins that make up hair. So you're left feeling smoother for up to twice as long as shaving. For the longest lasting smoothness, try waxing. Because waxing removes hair from the root, you're left with a silky smooth feeling that can last up to 4 weeks. When the hair eventually grows back, it's often sparser and softer too. Waxing is easy to use and far more comfortable than you might imagine. So give waxing a try and stop waiting for that prickly stubble to return — it won't.
WAX STRIPS Ingredients: Triethylene Glycol Rosinate, Glyceryl Rosinate, Silica, Polyethylene, Parfum, Paraffinum Liquidum, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, BHA, BHT, CI 77891, CI 15850. WIPES Ingredients: Paraffinum Liquidum, Hexyldecyl Stearate, Parfum, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Peel Oil, Limonene, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil.