It’s a girl’s best kept secret, facial hair removal in a flash.
Now you can get to the root of it with Veet Facial EasyGrip Strips and Perfect Finish Wipes. They’re the simple way to get rid of those hairy patches that just seem to appear from nowhere!
Veet's small wax strips are great for targeting those hard-to-reach areas of your face as well as touch-ups around the body. Just smooth a strip onto your skin, remove with one swift movement and sweep over a Perfect Finish Wipe to remove any traces of wax residue.
Veet skin strips are designed for hair as short as 1.5mm, so you never have to wait for your hair to get "long enough" to wax. Just wax and go!
4 Steps to smooth skin
- Rub the wax strip between your hands for approximately 5 seconds to warm the wax. Top tip: If you are waxing for a special occasion, try not to do it the night before to avoid any tell-tale redness.
- Slowly peel the strips apart. Re-use each strip until it looses its grip.
- Place a strip on your skin and rub repeatedly in the direction you hair grows. Treat each side of your lip separately.
- Then immediately, very quickly pull the strip back on itself towards the nose. Keep the strip as close to the skin as possible and hold your skin taut to avoid discomfort. The quicker the better!
Top tips for underarms and bikini line:
- Your underarms and bikini line are delicate areas, so don’t wax the same area twice in one session.
- Make sure your skin is dry and free from deodorants. Use talc to get rid of any moisture.
- If you suffer from ingrowing hair, we recommend you exfoliate regularly.
Perfect Finish for long-lasting smoothness
When you have finished waxing, remove any excess wax with a Veet Perfect Finish Wipe.
Did you know?
If you run out of perfect finish wipes, you can use baby oil. Don’t use water, soap or alcohol to remove the wax.
Waxing upper lip
Treat each side of your lip separately, press on strip and pull back towards the nose, holding the skin taut with the other hand.
- After waxing, your skin may be a bit red, this is perfectly normal. Rinsing with cool water will help to soothe the skin.
- Don’t scratch your skin as this might cause irritation.
- Instead, try gently pressing your skin with your hand.
- If a burning sensation persists, see your doctor.
- Make sure you wait 24 hours before you sunbathe, before using antiperspirant, or before applying any perfumed product on waxed skin.
- Store any remaining was strips in a cool and dry place. If the strips get in contact with water, they are less effective.
Good hair removal is an essential element of any summer holiday. When it comes to hair removal, the choice of products is vast so it’s best to consider the following:
- Time you have available – 10 minutes to get ready for a date or time to really pamper yourself?
- Your pain threshold – let’s face it, waxing isn’t pain free despite the fantastic results!
- The result you want to achieve – longer lasting, soft hair or a quick fix that’ll last 1-2 days
How does waxing work?
Wax clings to the hair shaft (and not the skin), which is then removed from the root by the mechanical action of removing the wax or fabric strip from the skin. Hair regrowth is soft to the touch and you will not need to depilate again for up to 4 weeks.
Is Waxing suitable for everyone?
Waxing is not suitable for the elderly or diabetics, and though suitable for pregnant women, may cause bruising. Certain areas of the body should only be waxed if you have previous waxing experience. It is advisable for children under 16 to be supervised by an adult when using any depilatory method.
How long do I have to wait between applications of Veet Wax products?
Hair growth is very individual so timings vary. Hair should be between 1,5 and 5mm long as a minimum, depending on which Veet wax product you are using.
Why do I need waxing experience for my underarms and bikini line, but not for my legs?
Because the bikini line and underarms are more sensitive and challenging areas to wax than legs.
Top Waxing Tips
- Exfoliate your skin 24 hours before waxing: the wax will cling better to the hair and will be more effective.
- Rub an ice cube over the area you plan to wax, dry your skin thoroughly and then begin waxing. This will quickly cool your skin making the hair easier to remove in one go.
- To soothe the skin after strip removal, immediately apply pressure with your hand.
- Sensitive skin can be susceptible to red bumps after hair removal no matter what depilation method is used. To avoid red bumps it's important not to wax your legs before or after a very hot bath or shower, as this can irritate the skin.
- Try to avoid waxing during your period as skin is at its most sensitive.
- Exfoliate once or twice a week using a body brush or salt scrub to remove dead skin and give your circulation a boost.
- If you get the odd in-growing hair, rub lemon juice on to the affected area – the fruit acids help to exfoliate the skin which should relieve the problem.
- If you’re waxing for a special occasion, make sure you allow a day for any redness to die down.
- If you haven’t waxed before, try waxing your legs first – they’re the easiest, and less sensitive than other areas.
Creams vs. Waxing
Creams work so well because they go below the surface to dissolve the proteins that make up hair. So you're left feeling smoother for up to twice as long as shaving. For the longest lasting smoothness, try waxing. Because waxing removes hair from the root, you're left with a silky smooth feeling that can last up to 4 weeks. When the hair eventually grows back, it's often sparser and softer too. Waxing is easy to use and far more comfortable than you might imagine. So give waxing a try and stop waiting for that prickly stubble to return — it won't.