on 28 March 2015
Pros
It's easy to assemble and use
It cleans moderately well
Doesnt over saturate carpet

Cons
Brush leaves strings of dirt
Filter clogs constantly
AAA Formula is not very good at deep cleaning
Leaks water when turned off
Front (where arrows are clogs with lint)
on 24 July 2015
The vax powermax vrs18w rapide what can I say it does exactly what is says on the tin. It arrived this morning and couldn't way to give it a test drive mainly because we have a new puppy and his little or in his case not so little accidents were becoming really hard work on your hands and knees. impressed is an understatement! I genuinely thought that giving the carpets a quick shampoo with a cheap machine would maybe fade the stains and mask the smell until he grows out of it and we can replace the carpet but boy was I wrong, they've come up like new or near enough no visible stains and smelling fresh as a daisy. We had been previously been using the spray on,scrub in and hoover up stuff that comes in a pink can but after emptying the dirty water bottle the 1st time it was clear that these products just push the stains further into the carpet out of site...It was discussing! Please don't let the price or other reviews put you off this really is a good carpet shampooer, easy to assemble (3 screws) easy to fill, empty and clean. A few of the reviews I read before purchasing said it leaked and left marks on there carpets. I found no such problem possibly because I read the manual back to front when putting together and use. It is quite noisy but somehow I didn't expect it to be whisper quiet concidering the job it does. The tanks are quite small, I have a large 3 bedroom house and filled and emptied it 4 times doing the master bedroom and landing but the rest of the house is all wooden flooring so didnt need a big cleaner. would I recommend this cleaner? The simple answer is yes ideal for small areas and little accidents. If you have a large area to clean I would advise a larger vax mainly because you will become tiresome of emptying it but it was ideal for my bedrooms and landing very happy customer!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 2 December 2015
This is a neat and natty carpet washer. It is easy to fit together, and easy to fill the water tank by pressing a release switch at the top of the tank at the front of the machine. The dirty water tank is on the bottom, press the foot release switch at the lower rear to lower the handle then simply press a switch to release the dirty water tank (although it leaks if tilted the wrong way when emptying). Clean water tank easy to fill from hot tap (no hotter than 40 degrees), although I find it will not empty completely, always leaves a bit of water in. As its a lightweight machine, it doesn't take a lot of effort pushing it to clean over dirty areas. The Vax carpet washer is no louder than my Vax carpet cleaner.

However, my light carpet had stains on, and although I spent 1 1/2 hours cleaning a roughly 4 foot square area, the next day when the area started to dry, the stains were still there. My old Vax, which was a bigger model, with 5 year guarantee (this one only has one year) used to remove stains and also had a rinse facility (this one has no rinse facility).

It does have good suction, so does not leave the carpets sopping wet. But I really feel this washer is more for spills than deep cleaning carpets. For spills, it is excellent. My old Vax carpet washer (which also cleaned hard floors, this one does not) cleaned the carpets much better (which unfortunately broke down recently after 7-8 years occasional use).

It only has one year guarantee, although the lid of the box states free 6 year guarantee, (currently in communication with Vax about this, who state it is a one year guarantee).
on 30 May 2014
I used to have a Vax rapide match however various parts became damaged over the years and the cost of replacing them meant I may as well buy a new carpet cleaner. I wanted one with the upholstery tool but only the considerably more expensive models have this now.

I'm very happy with this new Vax. Though It has its pros and cons in comparison with my old one.

Pros

More lightweight, my old one was too heavy to use often

Easier to clean overall and a lot less messy thanks to the little pouring hole on the dirty water tank. My old one was emptied by taking out the filter, turning upside down and hoping for the best.

Static brush bar is more effective than rotating brush bar. Also the overall quality of the clean is superior.

Looks wise it's quite attractive, matches my Henry

Easy to store

The cons

Wire isn't as long and hot water tank doesn't hold as much, and because of this I can only clean one room at a time before having to unplug it and refill it

The click into place button for the hot water tank is very cheap and tacky and I do worry it would break easily.

The pre motor filter is very flimsy and easily lost. However to be fair, at least it has one, my old model didn't have a pre motor filter and though it was said in the instructions that it wasn't needed there were occasions where water did leak into there.

The Vax AAA solution didn't work well with this machine and somehow caused it to emit a high pitched shrieking noise. I find a drop of Dr Bronner's Sal Suds far more effective and no shrieking noise.

Carpets are still left fairly damp at the end and take 5-6 hours to dry, to be fair though this is nowhere near as bad as a few years ago when carpet cleaners would leave the carpet so sodden that it would take up to 48 hours to dry with all the windows open.

I don't think it would be great on stairs but as I currently live in a flat this Isn't a problem. For the price it's pretty good.
on 15 November 2015
Have used this washer a couple of times now on living room and hallway carpets. Very pleased with the results so far, the only times I have had to go over the same area again is because the area was hwere we sit and 10 years of muck was so engrained, but the Vax has managed to clean it all out now. The only reason for 4 stars and not 5 is because a facility for accessories would have been handy, crevice tool etc),but I knew this before I bought it so I cannot complain really. On the whole, pleased with how it performs and for the price, well worth the purchase.
on 9 February 2016
An absolutely awful machine. The high pitched squeal of the motor would drive most people insane, a deaf person would hear it. It didn't clean properly and left the carpets wet and sticky, even with using recommended cleanser and to instructions. And to boot, they wont allow me to return it as its over their return date. A total waste of money. Bitterly disappointed, will have to give Amazon a miss for a while after this.
on 27 July 2015
Just wish I had paid more and bought a good carpet washer. Have just used it for the first time and can honestly say it is so bad there wont be a second time. The machine makes a terrible whining noise when being used, doesn't pick up all of the water it puts down and the carpets look just the same as before I started.
on 16 October 2014
brilliant does a wonderful job of cleaning my dogs little accident marks away
on 24 February 2014
it does what is says it can do. well packaged.quick prompt service of both supplier and carrier. wife happy at last
on 22 March 2016
Very happy indeed! I am selling my house and money is tight. This Vax machine fitted my budget. I must admit I felt anxious after reading some of the comments. But I decided to make the gamble. I was aware that the relatively small water tank could be an issue. For a 2.5x 3.5 meter carpet you need to fill the tank at least 3 times. (Bearing in mind that my carpets had not been cleaned for a while). However, with a bit of team work and "rolling up our sleeves", we managed to blitz all our carpets and with an impressing result. The machine is very noisy. But a pair of headphones and some tunes playing did the job. I already know that this machine will not end up collecting dust in the corner.......like the bread maker. (Yes, you have one too!) We will now use this Vax washer as I believe it is intended to be used for; the occasional spillage, or a little spring clean. Overall, a very handy, within budget carpet cleaner.