on 27 November 2012
I'm glad I happened to see this on a blog tour recently; it's a very enjoyable read. The cover, blurb and catchy title drew me in. It has one of the best opening scenes I've read in a long time and is among my favourite YA books of the year.

Chloe Kallistrate gets the shock of her life when her mother wakes her up in the middle of the night and urges her to hide in the closet. Invaders breach their home, and Chloe's life is turned upside down. She's part of a long line of vampire hunters, and it's time to fulfil her duty. At 14 years of age, she enters a community of vampire hunters, who have been training and living together since childhood. Chloe is expected to get with the programme quickly and make up for all the years she should have been training. She lives with her grandfather, Luke, and Drew, an eighteen year old hunter, who shows little sympathy for Chloe. But of course, Drew really cares. He just wants her to be strong, knowing what she will have to face.

There is plenty of action in these novellas. We get to spend a little over a year with Chloe, watching her grow into an ass kicking hunter and answer the call of her blood. She jogs, trains, learns to use weapons and prepares for the day she will have to meet the vampire responsible for her mother's demise. It's fun watching Chloe develop her skills and grow into a confident young woman. She also attracts the attention of Drew, who would probably rather shoot his own foot off than tell Chloe how he feels about her. The hot guy at school, Gavin, also takes a shine to her. I tend to prefer books where the romantic element isn't central to the plot, so The Vampire Hunter's Daughter is right up my alley. This is Chloe's coming-of-age story, and the romantic elements are secondary.

This has nothing to do with the story, but when I read that vampires had their own dental office called Deadly Smiles, I laughed. You can pick this up as 6 separate short stories/novellas, or buy the complete collection like I did. Exciting and lots of fun. I couldn't put it down.
on 30 August 2012
MY REVIEW
I received PT 1 of this e-book complete collection directly from the author sometime ago but never had the chance to read it. So when Roxanne of Bewitching Blog Tours told me about the blog tour I decided it was about time I read this book. Initially I planned on just read and reviewing PT1, but I have to say it is quite addictive and I wanted to know more so I ended up reading the collection!
So we find out that Felicia (Chloe's mum) was once a Vampire hunter. The scene/plot begins with Chloe thinking she is dreaming, but in actual fact its her mum shaking her awake. Then some men burst in and end up killing Felicia. Chloe is a witness to this and though she fights as hard as she can, she cannot prevent them killing her mum.
Then as the men are exiting the building with her some other men appear and a fight ensues. Is Chloe being rescued? Who are these men? In all this action and the trauma Chloe has been through causes her to black out.
When she wakes, she is in a bed that certainly isn't her own with people she doesn't know. However it seems that she is related to the old man who owns the house. Her life is about to change completely as she learns she is the daughter of a Vampire and Vampire Hunter romance. We follow the story as the vampires try to kidnap Chloe. Chloe has some difficult decisions to make, should she stay and train and fight or maybe she should sacrifice herself for the good of the others? Which is the right decision to make?
Then there's the romance triangle, Gavin is a hot guy but what are the weird feelings Chloe has for Drew? Which "Team" will you be on? Team Gavin? or Team Drew?
I could really go on and on
The book is fairly simplistically written, its at a decent pace that you don't need to struggle to keep up with the plot. Everything is explained as you read along. It's a really good series. Did I enjoy it? Yes, it was good as you could read it in "bite size" installments. Each novella/part set the scene for the rest of the collection. Would I recommend it? Yes, Would I like to read more about The Vampire Hunter's Daughter? Yes. Would I read more by Jennifer Malone Wright? Yes, I intend doing so.
on 17 July 2012
Ebook: The Vampire Hunter's Daughter
Author : Jennifer Malone-Wright
Fiction, Paranormal,
This review may contain spoilers
I got this from the author to review
Summary: This special edition of The Vampire Hunter's Daughter contains parts I-VI, the complete collection. Fourteen-year-old Chloe witnesses her mother's murder at the hands of a vampire. Before the vampire can kidnap her, there is an unexpected rescue by a group of vampire hunters.
Overwhelmed by the feeling of safety, Chloe passes out and they whisk her away to their small community. When Chloe wakes, she comes face to face with the only other living relative, besides her mother, whom she has ever met: her grandfather. Chloe's mother kept her hidden from the family; now, Chloe tries to unveil the family secrets.
Through her grandfather, she learns her mother was a vampire hunter. In fact, her entire family is descended from the powerful bloodlines of vampire hunters. Chloe agrees to join the family she has never known for one reason only: Chloe vows to kill the vampire responsible for her mother's murder. With vengeance in her soul, Chloe is even more determined to follow through on her vow when she discovers the true identity of her enemy and how he is connected to her.
Experience the world of vampires hunter's, vampires and mythology with Chloe in this exciting series.

The Review
WOW, I loved this book, I read the first as a freebie on Amazon, I was hooked, then I got it for review purposes, I loved the whole collection, The fact that Jennifer has put them all out separately is something new to me, but it works brilliantly, What a great idea, but as a whole collection it works too, it is just fantastic, The writing made me feel like I was actually there, I love when a book does that, You can imagine the characters stood in front of you, working their way through the book, I loved the world that Jennifer created, I laughed, I cried, there was some romance, what more do you want in a book, I don't usually like the villain, but strangely enough I kind of liked him in this, he was just this side of crazy and you could sort of understand why he would do what he wants to do, because of the problem he faced, I am Sorry but don't want to give anything away, but still he was a little bit insane, I adored the relationship Chloe had with everyone in this book, especially Drew, I loved Drew from the start, I would highly recommend this book to all, 5/5
on 3 September 2012
i got this for my kindle thought its worth a read, read the sample and was intrested to know what happens even if i only read the first book, well i was wrong and i was hooked on this book couldnt put it down was awake long into the night reading this and every time during day i had a free 10 mins ( 2 kids under 3 not alot of free time lol) i was reading away ive recommed this book set to everyone, didnt expect it to turn out how it did was amazed to read. 10/10

infact ive started to read it again only had it a week lol and im pickin git up for second time read x
on 6 May 2013
I read this in preparation for a book Blog Tour that covers what happens after these volumes on my blog in a few days time! And after reading these i am looking forward to reading it!

This is the first of Ms Malone Wright's that i have read, and i really did enjoy them! Not too heavy, good story lines and great writing

The first few volumes were a history of and meeting Chloe, who is The Vampire Hunter's Daughter. They were short enough to fill most blanks and fun enough to read, concentrating on just one main storyline in the volume.

Its refreshing to read a book from the slayers point of view again -vampires have been almost made into acceptable creatures in some books, so its nice to go back to almost the beginning, where they're considered dangerous, evil and powerful and to be stopped!

Each one shows us Chloe growing up as a person and also into her "powers" and her place in the new community that she ends up living in. I'm expecting the next book to be a bit more....more. if that makes sense! As its one entire book and not volumes, i think now the basics have been established, i think we'll have more of Chloe's interactions with Luke, Drew, Gavin and the many others who we didn't see much of. Plus of course, more Vampire Slaying!

I read the entire 6 volumes in 2 days. Which isn't as much as it sounds! Its about 400 pages for the entire volumes.

The benefit of having it in volumes means that there are no "boring" parts. The volume tells its tale, and it ends till the next one! Which generally takes place literally days, weeks or a couple of months after the previous volume. I enjoyed turning every page and reading it, which is why i read it so quickly!

But it flowed really well as a story and I'm trying not to give too much of the story away!
if you fancy an easy paranormal read, this would be right up your street!
(recieved by author in return for an honest review)
on 16 November 2012
I really liked this book! It had me gripped from the 1st page. The story line was good, interesting and new. However I am confused about one small thing! After Chloe's fight with Christina at school Drew explains about her father killing her mother and being expelled from the community yet come the end of the book when they are heading to the lawyers it says that Christina's father is on the mission with them?! Anyone else notice this? Could the author explain? Really looking forward to more though and have just downloaded Birth of Jaiden
on 4 May 2013
Reviewer: Bex
Rating: 4.5 out of 5

I'd read VHD part one a while back, but re-read alongside the rest of this whole wonderful collection. The 'parts' simply go from strength to strength and completely work as a whole read. I much preferred it this way.

The author, Jennifer Malone Wright, captures Chloe's character beautifully. She's a character that I believed in and had empathy for. Her character development alongside her character's journey is well crafted and finely tuned to create a strong female protagonist.

I was completely caught unaware by some of the plot development, and applaud Jennifer Malone Wright for having the ability to keep me on my toes. She weaves the character relationships along with the almost palpable action with expertise. The writing flows smoothly with appropriate peaks of tension.

I was left eager to continue Chloe's journey in her new adventure in 'ARCADIA FALLS'. I can not wait to read.

Disclosure: This ecopy was provided to Bex 'n' Books by the author in exchange for an HONEST and not necessarily positive review.
on 25 February 2013
I was lucky to have won a print copy of The Complete Collection Edition of The Vampire Hunter's Daughter.

Chloe witnesses her mother being murdered by a vampire. Chloe is in complete shock, between witnessing this tragedy and finding out that vampires are real. Before the vampires are able to get their hands on Chloe, a group of vampire hunters rush in an rescue her and take her back to their community. Chloe learns that one of the hunters is her grandfather, that she never knew about until now. She thought that being a normal teenager was tough, until she finds out that she far from normal. She learns that her mother was a vampire hunter and that the hunter gene runs through her blood. Lots more secrets are revealed as Chloe sets on the mission to avenge her mothers death.

A great read. I was hooked from the beginning. Can't wait to read more by this author.

Originally posted on The Mystical World of Book Review.
on 26 August 2012
What a great book. My teenage daughter loved this book and I read it after her. It appeals to both generations and although there is some romance in it, parents have no need to worry about the sexual content for their kids. A well written book that left me searching for the next one. I would recommend this for teenagers who like Vampire books or supernatural. Another great kindle freebie from Amazon!
on 27 May 2013
Wow what a book could not put it down can't wait for next book. Loved how it was written made you want to read. Never read a book like this before so this was a first for me I am so glad I had the book and read it please bring out book 2 want to know what happens. It would be great in a film I would watch it no problem.