Spirit ED 1042 Binoculars
Vanguard's 10x42 Spirit ED binoculars are great for birding enthusiasts and general nature observers looking for fantastic quality and great value. They share the glass technology found in Vanguard’s Endeavor ED series, but offer a more traditional body design.
Spirit ED binoculars are also 100 percent waterproof and fog-proof, so bad weather won’t slow you down. An advanced lens and prism design with ED glass means you can spot animals and bring them up-close, unveiling details that other lenses can't.
User friendly features, up to 90 percent light transmission, and a near-perfect viewing experience make these binoculars stand out from the crowd.
• ED (extra-low dispersion) glass offers high-resolution colours and unmatched clarity
• Ergonomic grip with thumb rest for ease of use
• Fully multi-coated lenses deliver optical clarity
• 2-stop eyecups with long eye relief
• Can be attached to a tripod with optional adapter
• Magnification: 10x • Objective Diameter: 42mm • Prism Type: BaK-4 roof • Waterproofing: to 1 metre • Viewing Angle: 6° • Field of View: 105m @ 1000m • Eye Relief: 16mm • Focussing System: Centre focussing via wheel • Lens Coating: Fully multicoated • Phase Coasting: Yes – P2 Phase Coating • Dimensions: 145 x 125 mm • Weight: 640g • Warranty: Limited Lifetime
Lenses, Prisms and Coatings
ED glass effectively reduces colour dispersion and enhances colour resolution and contrast. Different light wavelengths do not come to the same point after passing the lens. ED glass helps to correct this problem. As a result, the image is sharper.
P2 Phase Coating
Developed for enhanced image clarity and true colour reproduction, P2 Phase Coating treatment to BaK4 prisms creates crystal clear images and high resolution observation.
V-Max Silver Coating is among the most cutting-edge lens treatments in optics, providing crisper, more vivid images and sharper contrast due to impressive light reflection.
AR Coating (Anti-Reflection)
AR Coating on all air-to-surface lenses dramatically minimizes light reflection on the lens. Coupled with fully multi-coated treatment, it ensures near perfect light transmission and image recognition, enabling the brightest images possible, even on the sunniest days.
The VANGUARD Emerald coating is specifically designed to provide the full spectrum of colour within the band of green tones. This coating is essential for nature enthusiasts, because it ensures the most vivid and natural shades of green.
Nitrogen charged and O-ring sealed, Endeavour is waterproof and fog proof to take on the most challenging weather conditions.