Using Windows 8 getting started, is the essential step by step guide to using a computer, netbook or tablet running Windows 8, providing a complete resource for both the beginner and the enthusiast.
This book explores
- setting up your computer,
- navigating around the windows 8 interface
- a tour of windows 8's features, menus and utilities
- transferring your files from your old machine,
- keeping your machine safe from viruses,
- backing up your important data so it doesn’t get lost,
- antivirus, firewalls and internet safety
- clouds and skydrive
- setting up printers, digital cameras and other peripherals
- watching videos, listening to music
- keeping appointments with calendar
- get to grips with internet and email
- protect your kids with family safety features
- getting around the app store
- daily common tasks you can do with windows 8
- computer maintenance, keep your pc running smoothly
- organising your favourite music into playlists, onto your iPod or burning a CD to play in the car.
- storing, organising and manipulating your photos into albums or slideshows to show to friends or make precious memories.
- and more...
Techniques are illustrated in full colour step-by-step using photography and screen prints throughout, together with concise, easy to follow text from an established expert in the field, provide a comprehensive guide to Windows.
Whether you have just bought your first computer, laptop or are a keen computer user who has just upgraded to Windows 8, this book will provide you with a firm grasp of the underpinning foundations and equip you with the skills needed to use a computer like a pro.
Check out the sample and have fun using your computer.