Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 Apr 2012 23:30:53 BDT
treacletart says:
My wifi has been fine, set to never sleep, and has been really reliable.
However, when I use my 3g dongle (hauwei 1750, which works perfectly) , then remove it and try to go back to using my home wifi, I just get a "not in range" message.
I have tried all sorts, turning the tablet on and off, forgetting my home network and re-entering it, even setting the network address to static.
I have checked the settings...3G is turned off when i remove the dongle..wireless is turned back on.
My tablet can see my neighbours wifi..which is in range...but my own is listed along with McDonalds..."not in range"
The only solution has been a factory reset....and on restarting it picks up the wifi as easily as the first time...and all is well, untill I attempt to use my dongle...and the whole problem starts over!
I have emailed Wendy Lou...but thought I would see if anyone here had any advice?
Thanks
Jo

Posted on 17 May 2012 16:12:23 BDT
treacletart says:
just bumping this as I still need help! Wendy Lou has had my tablet for 2 weeks, and tried hard to solve them problem...they managed to get it to work on their wifi after using my dongle...but on return to me, wifi is knocked out as soon as dongle has connected...and nothing but a factory reset brings it back!
Wifi works great...dongle works great..but using dongle causes wifi to be lost till tablet reset!
so frustrating!

Posted on 17 May 2012 20:32:59 BDT
Bald Paul says:
I dont use a 3g dongle so have no experience of it but rather than just removing the dongle have you tried disabling it or turning it off in Settings and turning wifi back on before removing the dongle?

Posted on 19 May 2012 16:06:26 BDT
When you see the "not in range" message against your home WiFi access point, tap it. In the window that opens up, tap "Forget". The name should no longer be displayed. Now tap "scan" (top right of your screen on ICS) . After a pause, the name of your home WiFi should re-appear. Tap it and you should be prompted to enter the credentials. Does doing that get your connection back?

If so, that's hardly an ideal solution, but it would suggest that somehow the identification data cached on the tab after a successful connection is somehow getting corrupted by the 3G connection.

Posted on 20 May 2012 21:53:50 BDT
treacletart says:
to Paul and Mr Beddow, have tried both of these solutions. Ended up sending it back to Wendy Lou. Got it back after a couple of weeks, saying problem was solved...but the same thing still happened! Then, suddenly, several days later, it started to work properly...I am mystified!
I hate not knowing WHY a problem happens...or is solved...because if it happens again I have no idea how to solve it!
Once I got that "not in range" message..NOTHING, other than a system reset would solve it...I sincerely hope never to see it again!
thank you both for taking the time to help!
Jo
x

In reply to an earlier post on 27 May 2012 19:14:59 BDT
What channel are you using on your wifi? I got the same problem but only when the wifi is using channel 12 or 13. (Eu channels). After use of the 3g dongle the wifi only sees ch1-11. A factory reset makes ch 1-13 visible.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 May 2012 19:16:01 BDT
What channel are you using on your wifi? I got the same problem but only when the wifi is using channel 12 or 13. (Eu channels). After use of the 3g dongle the wifi only sees ch1-11. A factory reset makes ch 1-13 visible.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 May 2012 19:16:06 BDT

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jul 2012 00:34:01 BDT
J.L says:
Sorry to ask you a question that's totally out of range. But maybe you could assist me here....
My dongle Huawei 1750 doesn't seem to respond....
What network is yours on? Is it the unlocked dongle version?

Posted on 14 Jul 2012 19:09:16 BDT
Last edited by the author on 14 Jul 2012 19:11:34 BDT
It's not a good idea to post to a thread that hasn't been visited for 6 weeks or more and that is only marginally relevant to your problem anyway.
Instead, I suggest you first thoroughly browse the thread at
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Capacitive-Android-SANDWICH-Tablet-Responsive/forum/Fx1DBIDSXCYCEJH/-/1/ref=cm_cd_f_h_dp_t?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B006M07X34
and post there if you've tried everything suggested in that thread and still get nowhere.

Alternatively, there's a corresponding thread for 3G modems on the forum for the newer tab from the same maker and supplier with double the memory capacity. Both models are identical as far as 3G connectivity is concerned. There's actually nothing in that newer thread that isn't in the one I just linked to, but there are more people still reading that forum than this one.

Everything you need is in there somewhere, including detailed descriptions of just what should happen after you plug the dongle in. Bear in mind, though, that some of those postings refer to Android 2, and that the detailed sequence of events is different under ICS, if that's what you have.

I'm afraid "doesn't seem to respond" is too vague a description for anyone to be able to judge how far the connection process is getting, if indeed it's started at all.

Unless your E1750 is faulty or isn't properly/fully unlocked, and if you are using the correct cable, and if there is a strong enough 3G signal in the exact spot you're trying to connect from, you should at least get to the stage where the dongle light is flashing blue. Getting to the final stage of an established connection with a steady blue light and data flowing depends a bit on the SIM and its provider, and is simpler with some SIMs and some networks than others.

But if there's no sign from the tab that it's seen anything at all when you plug in the dongle, then either the dongle is faulty, or it was once locked to a specific supplier and hasn't been fully unlocked AND unbranded, or your connecting cable is defective and isn't carrying the signal needed by the tab to recognize that the device on the other end is indeed a modem.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jul 2012 22:52:58 BDT
Last edited by the author on 14 Jul 2012 22:54:09 BDT
J.L says:
Thanks anyways
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions