on 1 November 2011
This is now it has been I understand had some typo errors corrected
A good and enjoyable read the Author has produced a compelling novel. I will look out for the sequel when its release. I thing Justin is an author to watch! We may have the making of a best seller author his writing style and detailing of the characters and scene's need some improvement!
I will watch the progress with interest could end up on my favourite Author's list
on 2 April 2013
Not usually the kind of book that I read but this was OK. A good storyline but too full on for me too many of characters to get your head round and a bit boring for me although it all became pretty clear how all the characters interact in the end.
on 3 January 2013
This one deserves a great review. I got it free and enjoyed it so much that I was prepared to pay for the second instalment. As an avid hater of sequels, it proved to me that they sometimes work.
Buy the second one as well: it's well worth it!
on 18 January 2012
I couldn't put this book down from beginning to end.
I would say it was well worth the money, but seeing that it was free one cannot loose out!
The beginning was a little slow to start of with but after a couple chapters I was well into it.
The conclusion of this story (EXODUS) is going to be the next read, and at £1.98 I'm sure it will be just as good.
on 19 November 2012
A book with that many good reports surley isn't that good. well it is. i just couldn't put it down. it's about a society that splits apart, the rich build a new city over the old city leaving what they call undesirable people to rot and die out. however the new utopia isn't all it seems and the down below riff raff just won't die off. this is very well written although there are some type errors, but all is forgiven as the story is very engrossing.
A must have.
on 18 February 2012
Downloaded this as a freeby to try out the Kindle app on my phone. Was expecting a mediocre offering and was very peasantly suprised, would happily have paid for this and have now bought the sequel.
The concept is very interesting and different. The scene shifting seems a bit odd at first, but soon it is obvious it is necessary to the plot.
The characters are well introduced and believable, the storyline progresses well with many twists and suprises.
All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and would highly recommend it
on 27 July 2012
Never mind the typos and proofreading issues - that's just a detail
This is one of the best-realised, most convincing 'near future' worlds I've come across. The characters are sharp and the story full of tension and variety. What a cracking read!
on 28 November 2012
Such an awesome book - I read it in about 2 days (and I work full time), it was that good that I couldn't wait to get my day done so I could sit down and absorb myself in New and Old Haven!

Set in the future, where a leader called Citizen One has created an ideal society built over it's older version of itself, those considered the scourge of society are left in the darkness below. There, these rejects of the perfect society have formed their own factions, who was against eachother, until a master plan from above forces them to work together to fight for their freedom.

There are several key characters in this book, each of them different but amazing in their own ways. The battle scenes are superbly written with an astonishing amount of detail without waffling or dragging out. Similarly, we are allowed to explore the thoughts and feelings of each character without it turning into a wallowing "Dear Diary" that sometimes happens in storytelling.

An absolute must have for anyone who likes dystopian-style novels - and that goes for the sequel, which is just as good.
on 6 May 2012
I was not sure where this book was going when I first started reading, but it was not long before I was thoroughly engrossed in the story and twists and turns of the characters. The concept of Malcolm was brilliant. I will be reading the sequels and looking for more work by this author. A great book! Well done.
on 31 December 2013
Having read the first book I was gripped from the very beginning and could not wait to start the second book. This is an excellent read, completely gripping and compelling with so many twists and turns to the story, but also has a human and sensitive face which holds the reader. Could not wait to obtain the second book in the series. Both books are totally recommended.