Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Upgrading from the Old Premium to the Elite

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 14 Sep 2008 17:40:54 BDT
Last edited by the author on 14 Sep 2008 17:46:22 BDT
Hi. I'm thinking of upgrading my old Xbox 360 premium package to the newer elite. My Xbox is starting to freeze quite often and it makes a fair amount of noise. And since its the older version, it doesn't have a HDMI port.

What I want to know is:
"how I can transfer my profile, including game saves, game downloads ect from my current HDD to the Elites HDD?"
I've heard from one of my friends that I can use a memory card and do it but I don't know if it will work. Anyone know how to do it?

Oh and is it actualy worth upgrading, seen as though I've got a white charge & play kit, two white controllers, a white headset, a white handset and a white wireless adaptor?

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Sep 2008 08:15:48 BDT
S. Greatorex says:
The elite comes with a hard disc transfer cable. As part of the setup you can download the contents of your old 360 to your new one :D

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Sep 2008 13:31:49 BDT
Im not sure if the cable comes with the elite, as i didn't get one, think you have to ring microsoft for it, i would sell the controllers, u can still get about 20 quid on ebay/amazon. I would sell ur old hard drive too, i made about as much as the elite cost in sellin my old console and a few games

the elite comes with all the new stuff you need anyways, i still have the white battery charger anyways,

u can move it with a memory card but takes forever and larger files won't fit, like downloaded maps, but you can re-download them for free again off live, as it is saved on your profile that u have already purchased them

hope that helps

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Sep 2008 13:01:03 BDT
Last edited by the author on 18 Sep 2008 14:45:52 BDT
chavie says:
Its well worth getting the elite for a new 3 year warranty and just for the hard drive space as if you have many games as the fall update coming next month you can fully install games to your hard drive (will take about 8GB of space each game) which will make load times much faster and although the game needs to be in the drive to play the disk (for piracy reasons) wont be spinning all the time which means it will run alot quieter, it will run cooler and make the RROD very unlikely and will eliminate the chance of gettin your disk scratched too.

Once you have the elite go to the link http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/datamigration-usingyourelite.htm to order a free hard drive data transfer cable (after using this i would sell it on ebay as they fetch around £15) although i would wait a few days as september 19th they are dropping the price to £229.99 retail but i would guess the amazon price will be £219.99

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Nov 2008 23:28:43 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 29 Mar 2009 14:18:44 BDT]

Posted on 2 Dec 2009 18:58:00 GMT
Do the elites on amazon come with all the hd cables and the data transfer cable? I have heard they don't and i just want to be sure...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  14 Sep 2008
Latest post:  2 Dec 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about