Updates/patches ... how necessary?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 18 May 2012 11:47:15 BDT
J.B. says:
I should be getting the game on monday and my xbox is not connected to the net... I understand there have been some patches released and was wondering if I should bother with them or not. Is the game in its original form playable enough? Or do the patches clearly improve the experience?

Posted on 18 May 2012 14:10:37 BDT
Smurf says:
Hi

Try g**gle search for skyrim 360 update and select eurogamer link. Many cosmetic changes, however a number are to resolve 'clashing' quests and story lines. The game played fine before my first update however I didn't progress too far along the quests.

Couldn't you install game, remove hard drive, insert hard drive in a friend's internet-connected 360 and update game via that method? Hard drive removes extremely easily.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 May 2012 15:29:21 BDT
J.B. says:
Thanks! Looks like the improvements make a fair bit of difference. The last thing I want is clashing quests.

Ah I didn't realise I could do that, thanks for the info!

In reply to an earlier post on 19 May 2012 18:30:18 BDT
Smurf says:
No problem! You'll need to bring the game disc along with you as well, as I don't think the game will start without it, even if installed on the drive.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 May 2012 18:30:55 BDT
Last edited by the author on 19 May 2012 18:32:19 BDT
Smurf says:

Posted on 20 May 2012 11:35:20 BDT
J.B. says:
Ah yes, I'll remember that! I got the game today, I haven't progressed far yet and I'll be updating soon. I'm assuming I shouldn't run into any game breaking problems after a couple of hours play...! It's definately a step up from oblivion!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa7ef7528)

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  18 May 2012
Latest post:  20 May 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360) by Bethesda (Xbox 360)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (609)