Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 13 February 2013
This is the sequel to Down to You, about twins Cash and Nash and Cash's girlfriend Olivia. I only read it because book one left things on a cliffhanger and I wanted to find out what happened.

I have to tell you that this book also leaves things on a cliffhanger so I've had enough now. This book didn't keep my interest enough for me to want to pay for more of them, especially if this is going to be how it goes - keep paying the author's salary because she's incapable of finishing a story in one book. I have to say I feel a little bit cheated, especially as I found this book quite boring, and kept wondering how much more was left until I could finish it (never a good sign). There was one major twist in it, but apart from that nothing much happens which isn't obviously signposted up front. The sex alone isn't enough to keep me hooked I'm afraid.
on 22 July 2014
I really loved the first in the Bad Boys Series which was Down To You and the story continues for Olivia, Cash, Nash and Marissa. As soon as I read the last chapter of Down To You I could tell that Up To Me was going to be even more thrilling and exciting than the first book. So as soon as I read the back of this book I knew that I would love this book just as much as the first one.

Just like the first book this is set in different point of views i.e. Olivia and Cash's point of views. This story picks up exactly where the first book left off and goes straight into the drama and action of it all. Olivia is a college student who begins to work at Dual which is Cash's Club. The Bad Boy Series is set in Atlanta, Cash is a mysterious man who has a lot of dark hidden secrets that his pasts holds.
In Up To Me those secrets are about to become a bit more known to Olivia and also to the people who are closest to both of them. I loved this book so much as it has everything and more added into the mix, the romance between characters, the humour, sexual tension, sex and passion and also crazy secrets. I love the word that Olivia uses to express her feelings for anything that she is thinking which is Dammit.
The book jumps straight into the drama and progresses on at a great pace that explains everything that has happened.
My favourite character is Olivia, because she is one of the main characters but she is also so feisty and passionate about everything she does in her life. She is always over thinking everything about her life just like a normal person would and you can really relate to many things that she experiences.
I would recommend this book and series to everyone who loves a romance story that involves a normal girl and a bad boy, as if you love that then you will love this amazing series.

I can't wait for the third and last book in the Bad Boys Series which will revolve more around Olivia's Cousin Marissa. Though I will not have to wait long as it arrived in the mail today so it is second to read on my list after the third and last book of the Hidden Women Series 'The Girl Behind The Curtain' by Stella Knightley.

If I had to sum this book up in three words they would be Powerful, Thrilling and Dangerous.
on 31 July 2013
UP TO ME is the second storyline in M. Leighton's contemporary romance, erotic THE BAD BOYS series focusing on the Davenport males and Olivia Townsend. Picking up immediately following the end of the first book DOWN TO YOU, we discover along with the characters that although the old man is in jail waiting to prove his innocence, he still has some big time connections and enemies on the outside. When Cash must call in a few favors, he will learn that the last few years of his life have been built on a lie and a family secret. Threats against those he loves will force Cash to make some decisions he would have otherwise never done.

Although this particular book was released a few months ago, I will not give away the twist to the storyline but suffice to say Cash's reaction was both expected as well as unexpected under the circumstances. Cash had been living a double life for years but when the reality of the situation presents itself he is beyond angry at those who perpetrated a bigger ruse.

The relationship between Olivia and Cash continues to be hot and sexy; Cash knows exactly how to literally bring Olivia to her knees. There is one scene in particular that would make most women blush but in the end, how many of us would put ourselves on display for everyone to see.

We are introduced to a few new characters including Gavin, a smart-mouthed, smooth-talking Aussie who seems to know exactly what to do and how to do it every time. I am hoping that M. Leighton gives Gavin his own spin-off series because I would like to see what the man is capable of doing with his skill and expertise. Marissa (Olivia's cousin) plays a secondary role but one that appears to be heading in a more pivotal role in book 3.

The storyline is written from two points of view-Olivia and Cash. Many readers take issue with first person POV and even more so with the back and forth between characters, but there are times when we, as readers, need to get inside the `others' head. Wouldn't we all like to know what our favorite hero/heroine is thinking.

UP TO ME is a storyline of betrayal and suspense; love and hate; with a twist and a few turns. The characters are an interesting mix of family, friends and extended connections. M. Leighton continues the series with the release of Everything For Us in September 2013. It will be Marissa's story-one that began in Down To You but I hope to see some resolution between Cash and his family, as well as a more permanent arrangement between Olivia and Cash.

see all of my reviews at : thereadingcafe(dot)com
Please bear in mind that this is book 2 in the series and may therefore contain spoilers for the previous book.

Up to Me picks up at the end of Down to You with the same dual, first person narrative of Olivia and Cash. Olivia has some serious trust issues as a result of previous relationships and her really awful mother. The situation she finds herself in with Cash and the position it puts her in really does nothing to help her deal with these issues and in some respects it amplifies them. She is very easily swayed by the thoughts and opinions of others probably due to her deep-rooted insecurity.

There is even more action and plot twists within the story while the romance is an underlying element rather than the focus although it is still hot and steamy

The dangerous secrets Cash has kept hidden are jeopardising any future Cash has planned, it is a cruel twist of fate that it happens at the start of his relationship with Olivia. He feels responsible even though it is not his fault. Cash has never allowed himself to get close to anyone before Olivia, and while he finds comfort in her it is also unnerving for him. I loved how the narrative showed that you gain insight into yourself by being open about your feelings with others.

New characters introduced into the plot aid the character development of the protagonists by their interactions especially Cash's best friend, Gavin. A man with a shady past yet he is a loyal friend and very caring even if there is an edge to him. I have to say I would love to see Gavin get his own story. While both Cash and Olivia continued to develop, I must mention the most drastic character development was with Marissa, Olivia's super bitch cousin. I am really looking forward to seeing her transform further in the third book.

I adore how Michelle is able to mix high tension action with hot romance and still maintain the sensuality I've come to expect from her writing. If you like The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines then you are sure to love The Bad Boys by M Leighton.
on 14 September 2013
Oh my the Davenport boys! Dreamboats Inc!

Liv and Cash, remain together, falling deep! The prologue was yuk! I have to say tho, glad things went the way they did.

That was a heart stopping moment, glad to say that Gavin is on their side, so loved it when he first meets Olivia, made me chuckle, and how quickly Gavin had picked up on their feelings four each other.

Still love Ginger, just the right amount of love and protection for Liv, but with enough dirty one liners to keep you snickering.

When we met Olivia's mom, you just wanted to bash her one, cold hearted cow.

I had wondered why we never go it to see the boys together, now we know! Holy hotness! The pages could handle all that heat!

Oh Melissa, wanna say she gets her comeuppance, but think the same way Olivia does, and feel sorry for her, hopefully she will be a better person after this! Maybe Nash and her can work something out?

Going to have to start on final installment, need to know how this ends! Am really loving this story, the intense sexual chemistry, the thrilling suspense, the building friendships.
on 12 December 2013
This is a fantastic series full of fast paced action and hot, steamy scenes.

Olivia knows Cash's secrets now and she accepts them. He is a bad boy, but a bad boy with a good heart, different from all the rest. Not only does she have to get past her own trust issues but now Cash's past is catching up with them and putting them both in danger.

I love the development of Cash and Olivia's relationship in this instalment of the story. It has such suspense and tension that it is literally coming off the pages and I felt like there was a movie playing out in my head whilst I was reading this. We also get to see a bit more of the supporting characters in this story and delve a little deeper into their personalities.

Really looking forward to reading the next bit of the story. The author has a real gift when it comes to blending the suspense and danger of the thrillers I used to read with the contemporary romance I have come to love recently.
on 15 March 2013
UP TO ME (bad boy series)......
Yes yes yes this book was fantastico it really was.
It continues where it was left from the 1st book...down to you, that Olivia and cash are now finally together and are in love.
But it's not going to be that easy!
Olivia has her own demons to face and cashs past is rearing its ugly head.
Will the past and the present destroy this beautiful couple?
Can they face it together?
Is there a twist to this tale?
Hmmmm!
Every page you turn is filled with excitement. It's gripping and suspenseful.
It also has lots of hot sexy scenes in too (how can anyone be disappointed with that) haha
I'm totally in love with cash I sooo want him!!
Lucky Olivia is all I can say....

The ending was another cliff hanger ending so again I've got to wait 6 frigging months to devour the 3rd book of the bad boys series..everything for us! arrgghhh!
PLEASE READ THIS BOOK!!
on 7 January 2013
I don't really know what to say about this book. I didn't love it and I didn't hate it, it was just okay.

Usually in a sequel I can pick it straight up and know where I am and what's going on but I just found myself having no clue with this. I guess I should have reread Down To You.

The story picks up pretty much where DTY left off. Cash still fighting the crazy Russian mafia and him and Olivia trying to keep their relationship on the quiet.

There is a lot of 'mafia' action in this book - murders, fights, kidnaps.. the lot. There is also a couple of huge twists that I just did not see coming. The ending in particular - who was on the end of that phone?!

I look forward to seeing where the story goes in the next book.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 February 2013
4.5 stars for book two of this series.

Why did it drop a half star for me? To be honest I'm not entirely sure, if anything maybe I felt it wasn't quite so action packed as book one, quite so suspenseful? But lets face it, it's still a rollicking good read and HOT AS HELL.

Cash/Nash are still as dreamy as ever, Liv is still quintessentially a forgiving soul, still coming to terms with being drawn to 'bad boys' and just being as gorgeous as ever. I loved Gavin and his badassness and Ginger and her 'awesomeness' lol.

Definitely full of engaging characters that keep us drawn like moths to a flame, much like Liv is drawn to Cash.

Looking forward to book three and how that pans out.
on 23 March 2013
I waited a long time for this book and I was not disappointed. The second book focuses on cash's past and the twists in it are just as good as in the first. It certainly kept me wanting to read all the way through the night, and there were some VERY steamy scenes (I flush has I type, and think of jack Daniels). Even though, the focus is on Cash, Olivia has some amazing kick ass moments, maybe not has physical has Cash's but she definitely has a way with words.

I dont want to do spoilers, but I want more :-( I want more of cash :'-( definitely a bad boy I would do time for. Bring on the third. I read that much I can't believe I forgot how steamy this book was. I certainly won't be forgetting in a hurry.