Unsure? Demo is available

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 19 Jan 2013 23:15:27 GMT
G. Lake says:
You can download the games demo from the PS3 store (and I assume from XBOX LIVE).

Posted on 20 Jan 2013 01:07:18 GMT
JokerJawz says:
I think if you have zone of the enders HD you can also play MGR's demo. I think I'll pre-order this anyway.

Posted on 21 Jan 2013 01:04:03 GMT
Last edited by the author on 21 Jan 2013 01:04:51 GMT
James says:
If the demo is anything to go by then I'll give it a miss. A hack and slash game without a block button, no thank you. Not to mention the glitch were the sound de-syncs.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jan 2013 15:29:33 GMT
JokerJawz says:
I actually liked the demo, it was better than DmC demo I played, for me I liked MGR a lot more. I'm pretty sure you can dodge in this game, I did. Btw sound de-syncs? where? It didn't for me, maybe I was too into the demo, I don't know, I'm still pre-ordering, can't be worse than the DmC's jittering frames through gameplay + cutscenes on ps3.

Posted on 24 Jan 2013 12:02:03 GMT
I just finished playing the demo (on the 360) and loved it. I'm not sure that I've ever seen a better collabaration between two developers. It has that classic Platinum Games feel to it (think Bayonetta or Vanquish) yet it retains all the things that have always made Metal Gear great like the witty cut-scenes and the use of the radio comms.

Overall I'm very impressed. Lets hope the full game lives up to it's initial promise.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jan 2013 13:56:05 GMT
JokerJawz says:
I'm wasn't imagining things, but I now know its a collaboration, thanks for telling, but I thought a guy that was behind the Older DMC games + Bayonetta was behind this too. I could be wrong, but this could explain why the combat and so on is awesome and fast paced and the demo was great like I said before.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jan 2013 07:13:24 GMT
Matthew says:
Pretty sure Platinum Games took over development of the game from Kojima Studios with Kojima himself overseeing the games production. It was originally a joint collaboration.

Correct me if im wrong.

Posted on 29 Jan 2013 13:44:44 GMT
O. Keane says:
I can't wait for this game. Love platinum Games! Atsushi Inaba is who produce Metal Gear Rising as well these games. The wonderful 101, Anarchy Reigns, Vanquish, Bayonneta 2, Mad world, God hand and Okami and few more.

Posted on 29 Jan 2013 15:02:30 GMT
Master says:
Those complaining about no block button havent worked out how to parry. It requires more skill but is way more satisfying. Push towards the enemy and tap square once when there are glowing yellow and about to strike. The parry move lasts about a second so your timing doesnt have to be spot on and can be early (but not late). Its very effective on the mini boss at the end of the demo.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  19 Jan 2013
Latest post:  29 Jan 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3)
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3) by Konami (PlayStation 3)
3.7 out of 5 stars   (93)