Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Learn more Shop Men's Shop Women's

on 27 November 2012
I bought this bread machine based on reviews here and on a Dutch website to replace a Carrefour bread machine I had been using for the past 4 years. I chose this over other well rated machines because I like the horizontal loaf shape, and because I have an Unold ice cream maker that has worked quite well for the past two years.

After having made about 10 loaves of bread using Lidl bread mixes (whole wheat, sunflower, bauernbrot) because the quality of flour here in Spain is not all that good, I can say that I am satisfied with the results, but there are no real differences in the product between this machine and the 35 euros Carrefour. However, this machine doesn't have the 'nasty Chinese plastic smell' (google it) that left a nasty taste in the bread from the Carrefour machine unless I covered the bread pan with tin foil, and that alone is well worth the extra price.

As far as noise, operating ease, etc, I concur with the other reviews, except to point out that although the control panel is in German, there is a very detailed instruction book in various languages including English of course, so figuring things out is not all that difficult. The beep is indeed very loud and the only solution is cutting the wire to the speaker as another poster has noted, and it definitely is not silent in operation. One reviewer mentioned clips holding the part that engages the kneading mechanism with the blades in the pan, but the bread pans I received do not have these clips (the carrefour machine did, and one did come off at one point). The bread pans seem to be very well constructed, with heavier gauge metal than others I have seen, but the unit overall is not very exception in that regard: made of plastic, somewhat sloppy fit and finish on the hinged top part. Unlike others, I have had no problem getting the bread out of the pan once cooked, even the time I was not quick about it an the loaf had cooled completely. To sum up: it definitely does well what it is designed to do, so if the price and features are to your liking, I can recommend it without reservations.

I have not had a chance to actually see and handle other machines in this price range since bread machines are not all that popular over here. And although I am an assiduous Amazon customer, I bought my machine through a shop in Germany because the pound euro conversion rates add an additional 20% to purchase prices nowadays.
on 4 January 2011
A lovely bread maker in spite of German instructions and very easy to use. I have had great fun making both small and large loaves. Even the first loaves came out well in spite of it being a new machine and not having had time to find out any idiosyncrasies. Would recommend to any one but read manual first if no knowledge of German language!!
on 25 June 2015
This is the best bread machineI havD.e eveer ha. Madet made neautiful bread from day one. I do take the paddles out before the last rising and cut short the baking time by 10 minutes or so. I cannot sing its praises too highly. Well done Unold. One other thing I do use a dough enhancer and skimmed milk powder and my favourite Panasoni c 70% wholemeal recipe. I give this machine 5 stars.
CG
on 25 January 2013
I chose this product because I wanted a breadmaker that made two loafs at once which this machine does, in fact it also has the facility to make one large loaf as well (a good German product) . It works exceptionally well, however because it's of German manufacture the supplied operation manual needs further explanation in English, in particular how to use the operation buttons on the machine and what each does should be produced as a summary on one page instead of having to find out by reading through the the manual each time. Better still, lable the operation buttons in English for those who do not understand German.
on 16 November 2014
This made the biggest loaves we could find. They are still tall but are long as well. The bottom half of the loaf is quite crusty but we like it that way. The display is in German but not that difficult to work out. Use stickers! We only needs 1 loaf a day now unless I make small "special" loaves. Yes it leaves the paddles in, but come on! They come out very easily with the hook and if you don't like it, make them by hand! Doesn't leave a huge hole if done properly. Took a while to arrive from Germany but we think it was well worth the wait.
on 12 September 2015
Since buying this bread maker I have used it every week (it makes 2 small loaves - enough for us for a week) and it comes out great every time. I've also used it to mix the brioche dough and that was lovely after baking.. Easy to use even though I don't speak any German as all the instructions are translated to English.
on 3 August 2012
By "bit of a challenge" I mean that certain differences in language and ingredients sent me to google. The machine itself makes very good bread but I found it best to ignore the instruction to leave the loaf for half an hour before taking it out of the tin. I found it came out more evenly and cleanly straight away (as my other breadmakers suggest).
There is a flour guide to explain the equivalent grades of flour in the UK but it still leaves some queries. I didn't trust the idea of using ordinary plain flour to make bread but it worked! There is also a substance called "dry leaven" in the recipes that is used with dried yeast. There is no equivalent in the UK and I'm still trying to find a substitute.
The most awkward part is the control panel which, naturally, is in German and which would benefit from numbering.
Making two small loaves is a wonderful help and the large single loaf is closer than anything else I've seen to a standard loaf. It is also far quieter than other machines. If you want something different to the run of the mill UK breadmakers then I recommend this one. It's good fun
on 8 August 2012
Bought this machine a few months ago. It's the first breadmachine i ever owned and am using it at least twice a week. overall, all bread except for one are edible [...]

Also the kneading doesn't make much noise (which was my worry before buying it).

here want to mention many complaints
- the panel is in German!
- there is a long alarm after 2nd knead, and that cannot be switched off..
- it's insanely annoying to program a new recipe: be prepared to push "zeitanderung" button at least 75 times if you want to change the "raise" time to 45 min instead of 1h30min, and each time you push the button, it makes a "beep" sound...
- can not save own program
- by default, all programs assume 1h "keep warm". Only way to switch it off is to go through the whole fuss of pushing buttons to program a new recipe..
- difficult to take bread out. I tried butter the tin, as suggested in the manual, but didn't help too much.
- The mold fits to the bottom with some clipping mechanism. According to the troubleshoot list from the manual, that mechanism might get loose.. Am a bit worried about that now. Also think that could have been improved by design.
- the manual is based on German flour types as well. many recipes uses flour type 405, 505, or 1050 etc, plus other ingredients which I still don't know where to find... Although the results based on all purpose flour seem to be all right..
on 12 January 2014
Great machine struggled with the German buttons but soon got the hang of it, would recommend this bit of kit.
on 24 August 2015
Happy with my purchase ...good quality and fast delivery.