Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Oct 2012 16:57:41 BDT
Bruce says:
None of the 3 discs in this set will play on my Blu Ray player - although it plays Avengers Assemble in 3D and all my other Blu Rays - what's going on?

I just got Avatar 3D as well and that gives the same error - won't play!

Are they doing something new to discs or is it just Amazon's stock that's useless?

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Oct 2012 22:10:33 BDT
B. Truswell says:
Have you tried connecting your Blu-ray player to the internet and performing a firmware update?

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Oct 2012 22:17:24 BDT
Bruce says:
Yup - did that and have updated it before - no new update available now - but it still doesn't work.

Posted on 21 Oct 2012 23:04:32 BDT
I had a problem with my LG 3D Blu-ray playing the bonus disc! It just wouldn't and locked up the player so I had to switch it off from the mains!
I read on a forum that the problem may be with the BD live function.
I switched that off from the menu and now the disc plays fine.
Give that a go!

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Oct 2012 13:28:22 GMT
Hi guys and girls,
I had trouble with the 2D film disc on my Pioneer BDP-LX52. It seemed to take a dog's age to load and then after the initial "Blu-ray Update" message just a black screen and nothing else.

The bonus disc loaded and played without problems.

I already have the latest firmware installed and this is the first disc to cause problems with my player and after searching the net, many others are having similar troubles with this disc.

I went into my player's settings menu and deleted some of the data storage for BD LIVE, although it diplayed that there was 0.8 GB of storage left.

The PAUL Blu-ray seemed to have loaded up 100mb of data!!?.

Having deleted that, PROMETHEUS now loads and plays perfectly.

It would seem that this disc is BD LIVE heavy and needs plenty of free storage space to load/play correctly and is more trouble than it's worth.

I hope this helps to fix your problem and works with your player?.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa6a5fee8)

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  15 Oct 2012
Latest post:  29 Oct 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Prometheus - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + Digital Copy) [Region Free]
Prometheus - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + Digital Copy) [Region Free] by Noomi Rapace (Blu-ray - 2012)
3.5 out of 5 stars   (1,104)