From the Back Cover
The only official handbook for IBM's DB2 Certification program
Completely updated for DB2 Universal Database
Covers both database administration and application development
IBM's Professional Certification program provides a mark of excellence recognized around the world. Prepare for DB2 Certification with the manual created by IBM's own team of experts.
This self-paced guide familiarizes you in-depth with administering databases and developing applications for DB2 Universal Database. Incorporating all the latest enhancements present in Version 5, this handbook shows you how to use all of DB2's powerful tools, including the new Control Center.
- Learn from IBM's own team of expert trainers
- Master all aspects of DB2, from the basic architecture to application programming
- Discover how DB2 performs in a variety of environments, from small LANs to the entire Internet
- Fine-tune your SQL programming skills
- Get real hands-on experience with the interactive exercises included on the CD-ROM
While this second edition of DB2 Universal Database Certification Guide is intended primarily for users who are preparing for certification, it is also an invaluable resource for anyone who wants to gain a deeper understanding of DB2's wide-ranging capabilities.
The accompanying CD-ROM offers hands-on exercises for every chapter in the book. A trial copy of DB2 is included, along with product README files and libraries. The software runs under Windows™ 95, Windows NT® and OS/2®.