4.8 out of 5 stars1,065
Flavour Name: Blueberry and Raisin Suet Block|Change

on 27 March 2013
I bought this suet because of the quality of the suet cake and the exceptional price.

Although it is branded as "Unipet", these cakes are made by "Suet on the Go". I have found the "Suet on the Go" brand to be excellent in terms of quality, both for suet cakes and suet pellets. I say this based on the number of birds that visit when I use this brand over others. For instance, when I put out a brand called ChapelWood, the birds will not touch it.

The cost including delivery for this pack of 10 via Amazon was less than £1 per suet cake when I got them. That is against the usual £2.50 - £2.99 per suet cake cost in most retail stores. That being said, the RSPB or BTO suet cakes in the shops are slightly bigger, they just about squeeze into a normal suet cake holder, whereas these need no squeezing in but are still better value despite being a little smaller. I also got this brand because it has dried insects in the suet, much better and healthier for the birds than the modern fad for berry flavours.

Suet cake will attract garden birds such as woodpeckers, blue tits, great tits, long tailed tits, nuthatches and robins amongst others. Finches do not partake of suet; get some sunflower hearts and a seed feeder if you want finches and coal tits in your garden (and who wouldn't!).

Suet was once something we stocked our back garden feeders with only in the winter months. Present day suet use is much broader and more beneficial to birds. In spring, it meets the increased energy demands of nesting birds. In the summer months, it provides a good substitute for insect eating birds, especially in years when insects are not very plentiful. In autumn, suet helps wild birds store fat to prepare for migration or the coming winter. And of course, in winter, suet replenishes depleted stores of energy and nutrients, to help birds survive the long, cold months.

You cannot go wrong with these suet cakes in terms of quality or price and your birdies will thank you with beautiful song!
on 23 September 2013
After trying several less expensive blocks from eg plant centres and finding that the birds ignored them, I decided to take a risk with the Unipet ones. So glad I did as the birds, especially the spotted woodpeckers, just can't get enough! I have had to use a squirrel proof holder, not to keep squirrels off, but to stop Jackdaws and Magpies attacking it and frightening off the small birds.

In addition, the box gives the content of the blocks and their nutritional value. They definitely contain meal worms and insects not just fat.

I can thoroughly recommend these blocks.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 17 July 2014
The birds love these; I have to ration them to a block a day. As soon as the new block is hung, the birds race to it and it's usually completely gone by late morning. There's no waste, it doesn't seem to crumble and leave a mess on the ground. £7.99 for 10 with free delivery is a good price. They're over £10 at a major Pet Warehouse retailer and £7.50 at a local store, a 24 mile round trip, so I'm saving fuel and time. Happy to recommend and will buy these online again.
on 13 June 2013
It's that time of year when the birds are in full feeding mode! The starlings have brought all their young to the feeders in our gardens and are consuming everything in sight! I love this time of year, we end up with a carpet of young birds, mostly starlings which we are happy about due to the decline in their numbers. It's the rowdy, manic time of year which lasts about 4 weeks with the starlings, but we get so many other varieties when they group off and just come once a day. These suet blocks are loved by the birds, all types of garden birds. We go through so many a month that it's ridiculous, but we know that they are getting good food and will come back again and again.
I have a block order every month for these blocks, (wish I could order more per month at the moment)! I can highly recommend these blocks, the seller and the packaging!
on 13 April 2014
We had 2 .weeks holiday in North Wales we took some of them to try on local bird life. We put a suet block in a small holder and hung
it in the silver birch tree which is in the garden beside a stream that flows through the property. The amount of birds that came and fed
off the Unipet Blueberry and Raisin Suet Block was incredible. Of course we also put wild bird seed, and some Peanuts out also.
Attracting wild birds into your home garden , and your holiday residence is very rewarding. They just love it. Each Unipart Raisin
and Blueberry Suet block lasted 3 days while on holiday.
on 30 September 2013
These are always a good product, the birds love them , especially woodpeckers, and it is a pleasure to watch the birds in the garden. Arrived promptly and well packaged
on 29 April 2014
It took a while for the birds to notice these...thought they weren't keen...word must have got out to the bird world...starlings flock to them...Seem to be more solid that cheaper versions..
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 December 2014
The birds love these blocks. They're not overly greasy, so pleasant to handle whilst placing in block cage. I've tried various flavours and all seem well received. Good value as home delivered cost is, for me, less than having to drive to my nearest retailer, a 24 mile round trip.
on 20 August 2013
This, is the most cost effective way to buy suet-blocks, that I have found on the Internet. Especially, as the birds enjoyed every morsel.

Providing, you are careful. The fact, that they will keep their shape better in the summer, is a bonus.

More for the birds, less for you to clean off your hands.

If you have starlings & you are using a block cage, use some plastic garden twine to fasten cage. As in their attempts, to beat off the competition, squabbling on top of the cage, they can release the block onto the ground.

You will not get the length of feed, you would otherwise expect, as pigeons will join in, once on the ground.
on 2 May 2015
Tits, woodpecker and nuthatch liked both blocks equally, hence the same photo.
review image