In the year 1399, Welsh nobleman Owain Glyndwr is living out a peaceful gentleman's life in the Dee Valley of Wales with his wife Margaret and their eleven children. But when Henry of Bolingbroke, the Duke of Lancaster, usurps the throne of England from his cousin Richard II, that tranquility is forever shattered. What starts as a feud with a neighboring English lord over a strip of land evolves into something greater-a fight for the very independence of Wales. Leading his crude army of Welshmen against armor-clad columns of English, Owain wins key victories over his enemies. After a harrowing encounter on the misty slopes of Cadair Idris, the English knight Harry Hotspur offers Owain a pact he cannot resist. Peace, however, comes with a price. As tragedies mount, Owain questions whether he can find the strength within himself not only to challenge the most powerful monarch of his time, but to fulfill the prophecies and lead his people to freedom without destroying those around him.
N. Gemini Sasson is the author of six historical novels set in 14th and 15th century Scotland, England and Wales, including The Bruce Trilogy and Isabeau, A Novel of Queen Isabella and Sir Roger Mortimer (2011 IPPY Silver Medalist in Historical Fiction). Her latest release is Uneasy Lies the Crown, A Novel of Owain Glyndwr. Long after writing about Robert the Bruce and Queen Isabella, Sasson learned she is a descendant of both.
If you'd like to learn more about N. Gemini Sasson's books or how to stalk her on Facebook, Twitter or via her blog, just go to www.ngeminisasson.com.
Books by N. Gemini Sasson:
- In the Time of Kings (Time Travel Romance/Adventure, set in medieval Scotland) -
***Release date Sept. 14, 2013***
- The Crown in the Heather (The Bruce Trilogy: Book I)
- Worth Dying For (The Bruce Trilogy: Book II)
- The Honor Due a King (The Bruce Trilogy: Book III)
- Isabeau: A Novel of Queen ISabella and Sir Roger Mortimer (The Isabella Books)
- The King Must Die: Murder and revenge in the time of Edward III (The Isabella Books)
- Uneasy Lies the Crown: A Novel of Owain Glyndwr