Ok, so as one of Alizée's fans since the beginning - I'm not going to go in the technicalities of it all - I'm just going to get straight into rating of the album. In comparison to Alizée's previous 3 albums, this one is far more electronic and 'techno' in sound. It's very eclectic and a more mature depiction of her. It's certainly different from her previous 3 releases. And it's a good improvement over her last album released in 2007 `Psychédélices'. The album is certainly worth buying.
So here's my rating:
1 = First-class/Good Track... ½ = Not too Bad/Ok... 0 = Not working
1. Eden, Eden = 1
2. Grand Central = 1
3. Limelight = ½
4. La Candida = 1
5. Les Collines (Never Leave You) = 1
6. 14 Décembre = 1
7. À Coeur Fendre = 1
8. Factory Girl = ½
9. Une Fille Difficile = ½
10. Mes Fantômes = 1
Total = 8½ / 10.
* However, I am going to subtract a ½ because I think the sound at times on some tracks could have been a bit more sophisticated in their production. Further, as a devoted Alizée fan, I expected the Album Photography to be much better - she's so beautiful, and I think they let that go to waste throughout the whole album in this regard. Sometimes Artists do well when they break away, but I strongly believe Alizée should get Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat back in terms of her music; as well as her new image.
Thus I'm rating this album as 8/10 (or) 4/5.
Laslty, here's my comparative rating of this album to her previous releases:
* Gourmandises (2000) = 9 / 10
* Mes courants électriques (2003) = 9 / 10
* Psychédélices (2007) = 6½ / 10