Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 December 2011
"Understanding Peacekeeping" (2nd Ed.) by Bellamy and Williams is a must-have for any student of Peace, Conflict and Development! The book provides a holistic approach of conflict and where it fits into International politics.
Under the heading "Historical Development" the book provides a comprehensive account of the history of Peacekeeping and in the part "Types of Peace Operations" provides further insight into types of intervention and by whom!
The final part entitled "Contemporary Challenges" provides a useful insight into UN Charter Chapter 8 Regionalization as well as good insight into contemporary topics such as Protection of Civilians and Gender as well as Policing defined by it's Rule of Law aspect.
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the book and will use it as a definitive reference publication in my work.

Ken Albret
on 5 June 2011
This book was the best thing I bought for the second year of my degree, a really comprehensive and detailed text book on peacekeeping. Clear,concise and beautifully written to appeal to all. The accompanying website is hugely useful too. Reccomended for anyone who wants to really understand peacekeeping!
on 24 February 2013
This was a suggested reading for my International Peacekeeping course but I would highly recommend it for anybody studying this area. It is a very good introductory text which explains the basic concepts and events in an easy to understand manner that allows you to proceed to more in depth materials later.
It is quite a big text but well worth reading.
on 8 May 2016
I would recommended it, helped me with my exams (LLB)
on 23 December 2015