- Paperback: 304 pages
- Publisher: Kogan Page; 2 edition (3 Mar. 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0749464275
- ISBN-13: 978-0749464271
- Product Dimensions: 15.5 x 1 x 23.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (20 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 200,602 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Understanding Digital Marketing: Marketing Strategies For Engaging The Digital Generation: Volume 1 Paperback – 3 Mar 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
There is a newer edition of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the AuthorsDiscover books, learn about writers, and more.
"One of the most comprehensive yet easy-to-read books on digital marketing available." (The Marketer)
Digital marketing now represents 25% of the marketing spend in the UK and this is predicted to move to 50% or higher within the next three years.|New edition of the best-selling title that describes how to harness the power of digital media and use it to achieve the utmost success in business, now and in the future.See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Good quality advice. Easy to understand and comprehensive.
If you're looking for a good overview of digital marketing then there are few better books to start with than this one by Damian Ryan and Calvin Jones.
They waste no time in giving you loads of useful information on a wide range of topics. They start (very briefly) with how the Internet came about and then move on to the following topics:
- Digital Overview
- Search Marketing
- Web Analytics
- Email Marketing
- Social Media
- Online PR
- Affiliate Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
They then finish the book by looking forward in time and trying to work out, 'what's next' (if we only knew).
The book is surprisingly good. The text is engaging and simple to read. This is not a 'techie book'. Each chapter starts with a 'Chapter Pledge' and then breaks down each topic into easy to digest chunks.
There are also plenty of case studies that are used to illustrate key points in the book and demonstrate how a certain marketing tactic was applied.
The book is an introductory text. It is, therefore, fairly basic in its treatment of the overall subjet matter (digital marketing). So, if you've got any experience in this field, you might find it a little too simplistic. However, even if you are experienced, you may pick up some intro knowledge to areas that you're unfamiliar with e.g. if you're an SEO person, you may learn something about Email Marketing for example.
The other problem, of course, with digital, is that it all moves so fast.Read more ›
Joe Searle - Afterburn
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great for an 'Understanding' short on practical tips. Would have liked more strategy and template examples to use for myselfPublished 12 months ago by Stephen Dixon
This book has taught me everything about marketing online as this helped me with my course and especially as I want to do a Top-Up in Marketing Management, therefore pursuing a... Read morePublished 24 months ago by Sami
This is a great synopsis of the digital marketing sector and the best overview I've seen to date. Clear, easy to read and I wish I had this when I started out in the industry. Read morePublished on 17 Oct. 2013 by Berkshiremama
A good comprehensive overview into the world of digital marketing. Started a new job and this has helped me the basics.Published on 12 Oct. 2013 by Theduke
Exactly right in every way. Simple, informative, well laid out. Just get it, read it and apply it. two more words needed apparently. here's seven.Published on 10 Jun. 2013 by Andrew Curran
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > E-business
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > E-commerce
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > Web Marketing
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Distribution > Retail
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Sales & Marketing > Advertising
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Sales & Marketing > Brands & Corporate Identity
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Sales & Marketing > Customer Services
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Sales & Marketing > Public Relations
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Business Plans