Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.99

on 8 May 2007
"Under The Fog" is a very special record. A wonderful mix of reggae/ska but with an acoustic touch. Very well written songs that remain in your head all day. Not in the very least repetitious and a delight every time you play it. It successfully captures the spirit of something like "Cut" by The Slits (now nearly 30 years old) in the same way that SB6 have the spirit of The Clash. But I wouldn't call it retro, it's a modern record by a bunch of young guys, obviously influenced by some wonderful music.

It is undoubtedly worth having and I am sure you will get a lot of pleasure out of it.
on 11 April 2008
This is a CD I just can't stop playing. I saw The King Blues when they accompanied Anti-Flag on their recent UK tour and I'm so glad I did! Their sound is a combination of ska, reggae, punk and folk with a strong anti-war message. The songs are full of energy, impossibly catchy, powerful and contain some of the best ukelele playing I've heard for a while!

Standout tracks for me are Blood On My Hands (a superb lyrical demolition of Western warmongers), We Ain't Never Done (a song absolutely bursting with life) and Taking Over (which compares the choice between Labour and Tory to the choice between Coke and Pepsi!).

I promise you'll have the songs stuck in your head for weeks on your first listen! Buy this - you won't be disappointed.
on 14 August 2012
everything the king blues did after this was terrible except 'save the world get the girl' which was alright . But despite that they still have 1000's of fans , and this is why. This album is amazing , fresh , orginal , exicting . When I heard this I thought I would be a king blues fan for life and when I listen to this now I feel sadness for there dimise into comercail rubbish.

If you can't sing and are not great musicains then don't try and make polished pop music cause it will never work. instead make PUNK the most forgiving of all the genres , this is where the king blues went wroung , they thought they could become household names instead of the kings of the underground they were destined to be.

what if punk never happend ......well they would never have made this album and instead of gone straight to crap like 'head butt' and 'got love' etc.

Seroiusly buy this and you will forgive all you friends who like the king Blues.
on 14 January 2007
One of the best albums of 2006.

Definitly recommended for fans of Sonic Boom Six, Capdown and Suicide Bid.

The King Blues have a fresh, raw sound and mix ska, punk, reggae and plenty of other styles of music to create something that I guarentee you have not heard before.

The King Blues are just as mind blowing live.
on 30 June 2011
I have been a big fan of The King Blues since I first heard them several years ago, but I lost my vinyl copy of this recently and decided to purchase the CD version. I was once again floored by such a decent record - a lot of the material on this is rougher around the edges than the records released since then (2008's "Save The World, Get The Girl" and 2011's "Punk and Poetry") but just as compelling. This is intelligent but fun music and clocking in at less that 40 minutes doesn't feel long enough! Perfect as a summer soundtrack but equally at home if you're roaming the streets at four in the morning with your headphones in.
on 19 December 2007
i saw the king blues in london in march when they supported the bedouin soundclash. they were absolutely brilliant and i bought their album as soon as i got home. i saw them again very recently at the wembley arena and they were really good there as well even though their lead singer was not well, get well soon please pal!! it was rather odd as i turned up to the gig expecting the support band to be a bit boring and was telling my friend about this awesome support band i had seen earlier in the year...little after 2seconds of telling my friend who this band was the king blues started up and introduced themselves! i was a happy man and i personally believe they were much better than the headlining band!
on 4 September 2010
This is the best album in the world in terms of meaning. This is what the king blues really believe in; getting their point across through their musical genius.
If you're the sort of person who listens to music for the way it sounds rather than its meaning, then this probably isn't the album for you, but otherwise, you should get it straight away.
x
on 23 February 2009
Loved it. 'Punk' bands nowadays have generally stopped singing about the issues and care more about how they look and how many records they sell. This music is real, the lyrics are real, there's no pretentiousness here!!

I love the different styles of music in this album, am very glad I bought it ¢¾
on 3 April 2013
bought this after previously hearing punk and poetry and was not disappointed - service was quick and arrived next day
on 15 September 2014
Not the best album. Later stuff is better.