Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 May 2011 19:25:51 BDT
M. Nanni says:
Does anyone know what the diffrence is between the UK bluray, the american uncut bluray, and the korean black edition bluray ???

Posted on 5 Jun 2011 08:54:55 BDT
Eepaw says:
I've only seen each edition (UK vs US) once as of this writing. The US version definitely misses out the scene where Choi (the killer) has sex with his cannibal friend's lover. However, this scene is part of the 'deleted scenes' extra, and is actually more drawn out than the scene in the UK version. The UK version only seems to 'hint' at his friend's cannabalistic tendencies, but the US version contains extended dialogue that leaves out any doubt that he eats human flesh. In short, neither version is completely 'uncut'. I have no knowledge of the Korean edition, sorry.

Posted on 22 Nov 2011 19:51:59 GMT
does anyone know the running time of the uk version?

Posted on 21 Dec 2011 08:48:20 GMT
Georgedc says:
The UK version is the Korean version. The UK/Korean version cuts *some* of the violence and gore, but retains the rape scene. This was done so that it could be played in korean theatres. The International/US version retains all the violence and gore, but has the rape scene cut out although you can see this rape scene in the deleted scenes. The director prefers the international version and felt the rape scene did not fit the rest of the movie. It may also be due to cultural differences as the US has no problems with extreme violence in films but rape is considered somewhat "taboo/obscene" while that is the complete opposite in europe and asia.

Posted on 21 Dec 2011 09:01:42 GMT
thanks
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  3 May 2011
Latest post:  21 Dec 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
I Saw The Devil [Blu-ray]
I Saw The Devil [Blu-ray] by Byung-hun Lee (Blu-ray - 2011)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (65)