Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Feb 2011 09:47:15 GMT
R. Martin says:
The Godfather Films, is it possible to buy uncut versions of these films.

Posted on 21 Feb 2011 17:25:06 GMT
M. Blunden says:
Only uncut i.e. longer versions that i know of was in an old VHS box set that was culled from the TV version. It basically began chronologically with the young Vito rather than with Connie's wedding day. I seem to remember that whilst there were additional and longer scenes, it had still been cut for violence and swearing. The Godfather - 1901-1959 - The Epic [VHS] [1972]. Hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jul 2012 09:31:45 BDT
Last edited by the author on 23 Jul 2012 09:33:47 BDT
HuddyBolly says:
I am unaware of this VHS version.
The 1977 Coppolla 'made for TV' version, titled 'The Godfather Saga' has; to my knowledge never been commercially released in any format.
I have a home recorded VHS taped version copied onto 3 tapes ( The whole film is 7 hours long) which I recorded from BBC TV when it was shown over two consecutive evenings in the mid 1980s.
It SHOULD be made available, as it is undeniably different, although not necessarily better ,than the original films, containing as it does a whole 75 minutes of footage that was not included in the original films!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  7 Feb 2011
Latest post:  23 Jul 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Godfather Trilogy [VHS]
The Godfather Trilogy [VHS] by Marlon Brando (VHS Tape - 2001)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (568)