Spielberg might have strapped our generation's foremost action icon into a fridge and nuked him to a land beyond credibility, but it matters not a jot. We've got a new matinee idol, his demeanour as charismatic as any of cinema's leading men and his adven
Nathan Drake is back, as gaming's most charismatic hero tries to solve the mystery of Marco Polo's last voyage (and earn himself a fortune in treasure at the same time). The original was one of the first games to really prove the power of the PS3, but this sequel is another huge leap forward.
Uncharted still has the best jungles in the business
| Although Nate has a new love interest Elena is still around |
| The new destructible backdrops look amazing |
| Will you find the legendary Buddhist Cintamani Stone? |
The first game already mixed intense gunplay with precarious platform action, but this adds in new stealth elements and more flexible parkour style climbing controls. Your enemies have been upgraded as well, with state-of-the-art artificial intelligence that makes them just as agile and resourceful as you.
Always known for its stunning graphics, this sequel not only looks better but it's now much more dynamic, with fully destructible scenery in every level. Add-in all-new co-operative and competitive multiplayer and you've got one of the most exciting action adventures of the year. Key Features
About the Developer: Naughty Dog
- Cinematic action: Amazing third person action that genuinely feels like you're in your own action film, with gunfights, treasure hunting and even romance!
- New tactics: Use new stealth and parkour based tactics to tackle the newly enhanced artificial intelligence, with bad guys so realistic they even have simulated peripheral vision.
- 100% efficiency: Developer Naughty Dog claim the first game only used 30% of the PS3's power. With destructible environments and huge levels this is aims to max the console out.
- Friends reunited: For the first time you and two friends (as Sully and Chloe) can play together in the same game, with the brand new co-op mode.
- Uncharted territory: Also new is the competitive multiplayer, where you can play as either the heroes or villains in deathmatch and capture the flag games.
Not only did this Sony-owned studio create the original Crash Bandicoot games, but they also made all of the core Jak and Daxter games and the Uncharted series. They also have a long history of co-operation with Ratchet & Clank makers Insomniac Games, after the two shared offices together.