Customer Discussions > Grand Theft Auto IV (Xbox 360) forum

Uncalled-for material.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 10 Jun 2008 15:18:43 BDT
Last edited by the author on 26 Jun 2008 18:26:19 BDT
D. Climo says:
I was browsing through a guide of Rockstar's 'Bully Schlarship Edition' for the next gen consoles when I found out one of the names for one of the buildings was called 'Spazz Industries'.

Now I, like most other people, know that the word 'Spazz' is an slang version of the word Spastic and most of us know what that word stands for. Now I have a minor disability myself and thus I take a very dim view on those who decide to poke fun at people with disabilities in anyway shape or form so you can guess that I thought it was insensitive of Rockstar to make a joke of disabilties. Who else agrees?

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jun 2008 15:40:07 BDT
LOL !!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jun 2008 14:32:27 BDT
C. Fisher says:
Do you really think they meant it in such a way? Look at the games they make! All are meant to be played with a huge pinch of salt! I hardly doubt they set about to cause offense, and poke fun at the condition! Lighten up fella

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jun 2008 18:16:36 BDT
Fenix Rising says:
Plus this has nothing to do with GTA4 has it really...or am I being a spazz?

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jun 2008 15:21:41 BDT
Evil Eagle says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jun 2008 21:39:09 BDT
Mr Chris says:
this was developed in america or canada not the uk. this term is not offensive there as it does not have the 2nd meaning which we do.

the word was used in mario party too, it was only removed from the uk version after release.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jun 2008 12:26:33 BDT
J. Cooper says:
an interesting point...schoolchildren use this term without any knowledge of its reference/meaning...
Rockstar poke fun at peoples discriminatory views...whether that is condoning the discrimination is possibly an arguable point but I would say its possibly just Rockstar reflecting the uglier side of kids-as does the whole game.
I understand sensitivity to such things (my late father was wheel-chair bound) and much terminology freely bandered around (like the gamer term "rape" which really sickens me) needs a little moderation shall we say.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jul 2008 17:09:08 BDT
D. Climo says:
Okay fellow gamers. I don't want this to carry on any more. I only created this thread to make a point.

Posted on 9 Mar 2013 14:55:36 GMT
Last edited by the author on 9 Mar 2013 14:56:43 GMT
Juxxize says:
you really shouldn't be playing these sorts of games if you are so easily offended . people need to lighten up, a person can find anything offensive if they try hard enough which then in turn underestimates real discrimination.

Posted on 13 Apr 2013 22:09:43 BDT
J. Pigott says:
Mr Chris, actually, about 75% of Rockstar's Games are developed in Scotland, including GTA and Bully.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  10 Jun 2008
Latest post:  13 Apr 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Grand Theft Auto IV (Xbox 360)
Grand Theft Auto IV (Xbox 360) by Rockstar (Xbox 360)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (293)