on 9 April 2015
What a great story!
I was gripped. This series never ceases to impress & surprise me; the twists, the turns, the emotional roller-coaster, the passion, the sorrow and the fun.
Can't wait to see where Dianne Duvall takes us next.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 2 September 2014
Night Unbound, Dianne Duvall
Review from jeannie zelos book reviews
Well, this is book five, and though I haven't read all the books in this series I have read two of them, and this meant that I could easily follow who the characters were, their strengths and partners, and what the plot involves. As with the others the Guardians are fighting on the side of humanity, protecting them from the vampires. These are doomed, they carry the virus that eventually sends them mad, and they seem to prey on humans at every chance. No sip and flip vampires these, no dining gently and then sending their vicitms on their way, rembering only a lustful encounter if anything – no, these ones kill their victims, messily, painfully and without regard for discovery. The Guardians thought they stopped a plan to create a supervamp army recently, but suddenly there are some inteligent and trained vamps out with the usual ones. Just as bloodthirsty but more able to hold their own in a fight with the Guardians. They are worried, who can be behind this collection, where are they based and how can they destroy them?
We met Zach in an earlier book, and he caught my attention then. Dark, broody and mysterious, he's not one of the Guardians and yet shares many of their talents, telepathy, teleporting, able to move objects with his mind and of course super strength. Lisette was arracted to him then, but all she knew was that he was on their leader Seth's S -hit list...though no one seems to know why. Now he's turned up at her home badly injured, and she can't turn him away even though helping him will be against Seths wishes. She really should just report him in to the others and yet she can't bring herself to do that. He saved her life before and she wants the chance to help him.
So once again an all action, hot, erotic and sensual read, pitting Guardians agaisnt vampires and having the great format of a story that ends properly alongisde the greater story arc of Guardians and the supervamps.
Stars: five, A cracking read, great for fantasy lovers who want a solid story with their side of sex! One to join the keepers.
ARC supplied by Netgalley and publishers.
on 2 September 2014
I have been reading this series since it began with Darkness Dawns and I am constantly surprised by the evolution of these characters and the world that they inhabit. In the very first book we were introduced to Immortal Guardians who fought against the spread of vampires and yet the author cleverly kept secrets that are slowly bring teased out with each subsequent book. We have learned that "gifted humans" can be turned into Immortal Guardians and help fight against the dreadful virus that creates vampires . We have even had something more off worldly thrown into the mix and yet we still as readers have questions about certain characters within these books. This story is about to really set the cat amongst the pigeons as the enigmatic Seth and the gargoyle like Zach start to shed a little light on their origins but it's never an easy road they travel!
Zach has been watching over Lisette for quite some time. Oh he doesn't let her see him but the brave Immortal Guardian is all he can think about. When he is cruelly betrayed and captured the only way he can escape his torture is to dream of Lisette but one night he finds the strength out of sheer desperation to teleport to her but he's a broken man, wounded and unable to heal. Lisette has been fascinated by this enigmatic winged creature and knows that by aiding him her fellow Guardians will think she is betraying them all but it's simply beyond her not to help Zach. As he slowly heals it's clear that the bond they share is too powerful for them to ignore but the couple are playing a dangerous game if they are found out.
Seth is convinced that Zach has meddled with the Immortal Guardians affairs and has taken steps to ensure the safety of those who follow him but there's a new breed of vampires prowling the streets and they seem faster, more powerful and even more worrying much better organised ! Is it possible that a new vampire army seeks to make the streets run with blood? Seth is beyond tired and needs answers but unfortunately it looks as if someone close to home is betraying both humans and immortals alike but there's only one who has been acting strangely and that's Lisette !
As I initially stated this series is growing and it's becoming far more than just a straightforward warrior versus vampire story . This book is brimming with things that capture and tease the readers imagination and we are learning things that whilst helping to clear up the mystery are not giving definitive answers. I'm loving wading through these murky waters and yes I have ideas but I'm happy to see how it all plays out.
Now as to the main couple in this story it's a very tactile pairing! Oh yes lots of time for hot monkey sex and if honest the romance for me felt a little rushed but hey ho in fiction anything goes. Zach may have waited a long time for the love of his life but having found her he is quite clearly determined to make up for lost time! As for Lisette well she's an independent sort and not that good at doing what she's told but she is very brave and has a huge appetite that compliments Zach's perfectly !
I have no wish to spoil any surprises for other readers but a lot happens in this book. Yes we do learn more about Seth and it's kind of nice to learn that he is not infallible but as one of the strongest characters in this series it was well beyond time for his true nature to be exposed. There's action scenes aplenty and a harrowing battle with severe consequences to keep readers eagerly turning the pages . The author even brings readers up to date with characters from previous books and that's sure to delight many . This book is well written, fast paced and very sexy. Whilst Zach and Lisette are not my favourite couple I did enjoy reading this book and I can't wait to see what the author comes up with next!
Four and a half from me
on 19 January 2015
Love this series as usual could not put the book down, can't wait for the next story. Unfortunately there does not seem to be a website or e-mail address to contact the author, I only found Night Unbound by accident!! The series is brilliant don't want to miss any.
on 19 September 2014
It has been forever but finally night unbound is out I loved this story but I did get a little emotional towards the end, you'll understand when you read it but it's not a tear jerker it's just a well written book
on 4 February 2015
I love this series, about Immortals protecting the world from insane humans infected with the vampire virus, great read, lots of action, funny, bit of mystery thrown in, the odd alien, can't wait for the next one.
on 18 September 2014
Absolutely fantastic. I have read all the Immortal Guardians series now, and I just wish there were some more books to come.
Dianne Duvall keeps you enthralled from the very first pages, and long into the night.
on 18 September 2014
Lisette’s heart aches for Zach, a man she knows has been declared a traitor. Zach is not about to defend himself against crimes he didn’t commit but he’ll damn sure defend the woman who kept him sane in this riveting paranormal romance. The Immortal Guardians protect humans… but who protects them when there is a traitor among them. Spine tingling anticipation builds throughout the story as the danger escalates, more guardians become suspects and they find out that the super vamps and their enemy has gotten a lot more complicated. The guardians are a family and for them to suspect one of their own causes lots of hurt and friction but they also have a couple of happy events to celebrate in this story that adds lots of depth to the story and characters. I can’t wait to read the next book and learn more secrets about these fascinating warriors.

See my full review at: Paranormal Haven .com
on 11 September 2014
Once again, a new book that captures the attention since the first page. This one is especially emotional with Zach being despised even by Seth and considered a traitor to the Immortal Guardians. Now Zach as to prove how commited he is on his relationship with Lisette and help the Immortals agains a new and reckless enemy, they don't even know.

This book has some very emotional moments that left me with tears streaming through my face. Not just about Zach and Lisette, also about Ami and Marcus and even a new character that touched my heart.

This is a book about love, friendship and family, with characters that I'll miss until the next book.
on 3 September 2014
just got the book today pre ordered and could not put it down. Now I'm bereft that I've got to wait till the next book comes out. They are soooo good