Colour: Black / RedChange

on 4 July 2015
This aerobic step just arrived today and seems good and sturdy and well worth the £19.99 price tag. The dumbbells are a good weight for starting out with a fitness regime.
My only gripe about this is that although there is lots of information about the product on Amazon, it didn't show how much weight it takes. Now, had it shown that detail, I wouldn't have purchased it. The booklet provided states that this aerobic step takes 100kg max. I'm sure that is more than adequate for most people, but for someone like me who is obese and wants to get fit, I weigh much more than that and therefore I don't trust myself to use the product as I am much too heavy for it. I will keep it though as I'm trying to lose weight and so hopefully I will be able to use it in the future. The dumbbells will definitely be used though.
I would recommend to Ultrasport to include the maximum weight the product will hold, in their descriptions. I feel disappointed as I was so looking forward to using it and now cannot.
on 31 May 2013
Nice sturdy Step for home use. I'm using the lower lever until I get more used to it. The Dumbbells are a good weight for simple exercise at just under a kilo each. A Bargain.
on 28 March 2014
Bought this step to use in my home gym. The step is very sturdy and does not slip around on the floor (I have iterlocking gym mats on my floor, but I don't think it would move even on a laminate floor) It's very easy to adjust the heights, and the two 0.75kg dumbells it comes with are very good.
on 24 April 2014
A good value product, but the dumbells were missing from the box when they arrived.
A quick call to Amazon's excellent customer-service team sorted the problem out. A new stepper, complete with dumbells, arrived, and I returned the old one free of charge.
on 28 December 2015
Arrived within 2 days and easy to adjust the height - I'm 5ft 11"and 14 stone so went up to the highest setting and proceeded to pound the daylights out of it - it's very stable! The hand weights are small but crucially have very small ends so that you don't bruise yours hips as you march/step whilst holding them. They felt too light initially but 20 mins in I did feel I was getting an upper body workout. Be careful if you go on to buy heavier weights as most have larger ends that will bruise you whilst stepping. Initially, I could only find step aerobic DVDs in German but Kathy Smith in America has re-released a few (you have to overlook the 90's fashions and scrunchies!!!!) but they give a good workout that is very easy to follow with variations for a more intense workout. If you want more of a challenge add in more arm movements for a more efficient, overall workout (see Jillian Michael's DVDs for ideas as she always combines 2 moves to ensure 2 areas are worked at once).
on 9 March 2014
Its a bit smaller that a Rebok step, but does the job at a fraction of the cost. The big down is that it tends to slip when you use.
on 24 July 2014
Ordered a similar product from Argos and it cracked within days. I sent it back and ordered this one and I'm so glad I did. It is very sturdy and solid. I love the weights that it came with and find that using them with the stepper is a great work out. Great price.
on 30 September 2015
Very simple and straightforward, quickly assembled and all too quickly forgotten - the only trouble with kit like this is that it requires motivation, and I find it hard to maintain this for more than a week at a time. But I have used this to vary my at home exercise, and it seems stable and reliable. It really needs to nag me as well, but I can't blame the device for that.
on 25 June 2014
good substantial step, and dumbbells are a bonus.
Only annoying thing is that the step-up bits keep falling out the bottom.
on 21 March 2015
It doesn't have as much shock absorption as I'd hoped, but then again for the price I really shouldn't grumble.

I wish I had double checked the length before purchasing as it isn't as long as I am used to. However, it is very handy for home cardio in limited space. The weights are a nice touch, and very handy as I was looking for some like this to accompany cardio.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse