on 10 January 2014
I'm a fair weather cyclist and love getting out in the warmer (drier) weather but want to try and keep fit during the cold winter months. I'd spent a bit of time researching these gizmos and everyone that I spoke with sang their praises, so all that remained was to try and select a model.

This one was not the cheapest model on offer and I was concerned that it hadn't had any reviews when compared with others out there. However, these concerns were unfounded. The product is simple to use, easy to set up (a couple of minutes) and it comes with everything that you need (wheel block, gear cable, rear wheel spindle etc). It was on the "amazon prime" list so was delivered quickly and had a massive discount on the original price which took it down to the same cost as those with multiple star reviews.

One of the concerns raised in a lot of the reviews is the noise. I have a town and trail bike so neither mountain bike nor completely slick tyres are being used and there is a bit of noise. However, this is nothing overpowering and when the headphones are on you don't really notice it.

All in all, this is a great piece of kit and takes up very little space in the room. It'll be an excellent addition to the fitness regime.
on 17 February 2014
I brought this trainer for my husband who is over the moon with it would recommend to family & friends good value for the price
on 19 November 2014
Great item for indoor cycling. Sturdy and gives very good resistance combined with gears.

Genuinely can't fault it. If I had to say something, it is noizy however I use headphones and listen to music/ film so doesn't bother me.

** Also it fits on my quick release on my wheel (i notices some people questioning this)
on 8 September 2014
Purchased this in May and it's broken after being used 4 or 5 times. The rear handle to tighten the roller to the bike wheel has sheered off. Still waiting for response for replacement from Ultrasport as Amazon do not handle returns after 30 days after purchase....what a pain.
on 5 September 2014
Great bike trainer easy to attach and very sturdy. I would say if like myself you want to use it with a mountain bike with chunky tyres then it is very noisy...but overall very
on 11 February 2015
Not too noisy, really portable to pack away when we need the room, this is keeping me cycle-ready for the spring. Boredom is an issue, but that is hardly the trainers problem. I have set a laptop up in front of my bike and I play a movie of my normal cycle route I previously recorded on a gopro whilst listening to music.
on 31 July 2015
Struggled for a few minutes making it more difficult than it really was to set up, but once I realised my error it was a 5 minute job to make.
If I can do it anyone can.
Product is great was using it straight away, yes it does make a little noise but I did not expect it to have a silencer fitted!
on 7 September 2014
I'm writing this to make people aware. In the items' description on the website it states a maximum weight (incl bike) as 100kgs, however in the items manual (English part page 3) it states a maximum weight (incl bike) of 90kgs. I have had to return mine because of that.
on 18 March 2014
I purchased this Ultrasport Training Machine so that I can use my mountain bike in the winter months without getting wet!

Fitting the bike to the a frame of the training machine is very easy and not awkward to do, so that was a pleasant surprise.
Adjusting the roller onto the tyre of your bike is easy to do as was fitting the pressure setting lever onto my handlebars.
I haven't really noticed much difference when changing settings on the handlebar control, but it must be there for a reason and there are 7 settings to choose from.

I fitted this to my mountain bike and as its in my flat it was noted that it is very noisy! But after I fitted some Schwalbe Slick road tyres to my bike the noise is very much less and bearable as well as making my bike quicker when out on the real road!

If you want to train in front of the tv at home in the comfort of your own home then this system is perfect for the purpose and is well recommended.

Recommended.
on 1 June 2016
I've owned this trainer for nearly a year and I've been really pleased with it. It's robust and easy to use. A couple of criticisms; 1. It's only suitable for use with road tyres (off-road tyres are extremely noisy). 2. The amount of resistance, even on maximum, might not challenge experienced cyclists.3. It can take time levelling the stand so it doesn't rock when being used.