The Street Fighter IV series evolves to a whole new level with Ultra Street Fighter IV for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. Continuing the tradition of excellence for which the series is known, five new characters and six new stages have been added for even more fighting mayhem, with rebalanced gameplay and original modes topping off this ultimate offering.
Five new characters – Poison, Hugo, Elena, Rolento, and Decapre – join the fight, complete with their own unique play styles, bringing the current roster count to a massive 44 characters.
Six new battle environments – Pitstop 109, Mad Gear Hideout, Cosmic Elevator, Blast Furnace, Half Pipe, and Jurassic Era Research Facility – have been added for even more visual variety.
Direct fan feedback was gathered on all of Super Street Fighter IV AE's original 39 characters and core system mechanics in order to achieve the most balanced Street Fighter yet.
New modes and features
Brand new modes and features further add to the suite of gameplay options.
- Team Battle Mode – allows players to team up in online-only elimination-style 3v3 battles. The health bar carries over from each match, making it the ultimate test of endurance.
- Online Training Mode – gives players new options to train together with their friends online.
- Red Focus – players can now utilise super meter to absorb multiple hitting attacks, allowing them to go on the offensive in situations that were not possible before.
- Delayed Standing – creates new mind games and gameplay depth by allowing players to slightly delay their wake up timing.
- Ultra Combo Double – provides players the option to use both Ultra Combos during a match, at the cost of reduced damage.
- Edition Select – duke it out across history, as players can select their favourite version of any character to create dream matchups that will determine who the strongest fighter really is.