on 10 October 2011
Bought these to replace my iPhone headset when it stopped working properly. I wanted something middle of the range as I already have an high quality set of large B&O headphones for music and just wanted these for longer phone calls and listening to music when on the train etc where the big headset is too cumbersome to transport around...

First impressions are that they're extremely comfortable in the ear. The wire tends to get twisted easily due to the weight of the volume control. It's not heavy as such, but slightly bulkier than the control on the Apple set (can't wait for a good. affordable pair of stereo wireless headphones to become available). I got rid of the clip to fasten the wire to your shirt and that's made it better. Not a problem though, being very picky here, just need to take more care when putting them down after a call so they don't get twisted up...

Sound quality is great for such a relatively low cost headset. Good bass and depth to music and speaking voices on calls aren't overly boomy. One thing that I'm struggling getting used to is the noise isolation when on phone calls. Basically it numbs any outside noise which is great for listening to music in noisy environments but makes your own voice sound muted, boomy and distant when on phone calls. It takes a bit of getting used to not being able to easily judge the volume that you're speaking at. If you imagine wearing a pair of large padded earphones and speaking with them on, that's the same echo effect you get with these. You can hear your voice through the vibrations in your head, but not through the sound is muted in your ears if that makes sense.

That said, they do the job they were intended for and conversations are clear to hear even with excessive background noise such as the train engine...
on 10 August 2012
Purchased these headphones in Feb 2012 - and as of last week (July 2012)the wire at the connection end of the headphones has started to split and consequently the right earphone no longer works.

Logitec did offer a replacement but after reading a similar problem on here - decided to ask Amazon for a refund. I take care of my headphones and it is apparently quite a common problem which to me suggests a design fault.

The headphones themselves sound great - good mid's and high and not overly bass-filled. Very comfortable although the built in mic isnt the best - it does the job. The price has gone up on these though - I got them for £60 - not sure I'd pay much more.

Sadly the build quality is not what I expect for earphones at this price.
11 comment8 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 September 2011
Bought these for my ipod and mini tv/blu-ray player. Fit really well & are comfortable (unlike white ipod ear phones that hurt after about 10 mins).
Maybe my expectation were too high but they do provide good, rich, clear sounds.
A million times better than anything I've used previously as an "in-ear" earphones but in hindsight I probably didn't have to spend this much. However, as time roles on I doubt I'll ever regret buying them once you get over the initial purchase price.
All in all 4/5 - losing 1 point for price.
on 21 May 2014
There's a few things to like about these headphones, but the issues are crucial and would stop me from recommending them or buying them again.

Pros:
- Good sound
- Not too large - they'll stay in on a windy day
- The foam earbud is the most comfortable IEM earbud I've used
- Sturdy case

Cons
- The jack is an L-shaped connector, not a straight one This means that when this is plugged in to a phone with the headphone jack on the top (like an iPhone, for which it's designed) the cable is pulled away from the jack at an angle. After 6 months the connection is noticeably looser.
- The jack is a hard plastic jack with the cable coming right out or it without any soft plastic to lessen the angle [...] . Most headphones have soft plastic as the cable meets the jack so it can bend as the cable joins the jack. The lack of any 'give' in the jack quickened the loosening of the cable.
- Cable noise. If you plan on walking or running using these, you will hear a strong rustling sound.
- The plastic coating in the cable feels very cheap

Note: Not designed for use with non-Apple smart phones. Android phones will not make use of the volume buttons. I got the mic to work but only when the headset was already in the phone at the start of the call. You might be able to get an app that changes the behaviours but I haven't had any luck here.

Overall:

It seems Logitech have a great earpiece hooked up to a poor cable that ruins the set. No wonder they're now half price.
on 24 August 2012
What more could you want. Arrived in a solid box, looked clean, crisp, perfect. Headphone quality is great, there isn't a massive amount of bass which I prefer, but still enough to satisfy. Clarity is very good. Had them for about a year, or maybe less, and there is a slight tear in the cable as the wire is quite thin. But this was more likely to be my fault, maybe I wasn't careful enough. Overall best pair of earphones I've owned and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a high end quality product. - Works with iPod Nano 4g perfectly.

Update.....Left speaker completely died...wire on the left side split up exposing the cable to the world to eat at......The cable divider in the middle is very fragile, so the cables tore at this end as well..................Currently own Monster Turbines, but i must say these were better. Sad really.
on 25 June 2012
The detail on these IEMs is about the same as the Apple dual-driver headphones. I guess I expected more from such a major brand.

Comfort is good, and worn over the ears, there are virtually no microphonics impact.

With the foam comply earbuds, isolation and fit is better than with the rubber ones. With the rubber ones, these constantly fall out of my ears.
on 17 August 2015
Superb sound. Incredibly clear, and with excellent, tight bass, even at the lowest volume.I consider the sound from these to be as good as from my Shure 425 and 525 earphones. This is probably because I am 67 years old and have 20% hearing loss in one ear and 80% loss in the other. The standard buds do not seal sufficiently in the ear to get the full sound, so sound ordinary, and they fall out easily, just like all single tipped silicone earbuds. I use triple flanged earbuds to get a much fuller and louder sound. So much so that on the lowest volume on both an iPod and on a samsunng galaxy S4 it is too loud when listening while going to sleep! These triple flanged earbuds go in deep into the ear canal. It was somewhat uncomfortable for the first 1-2 weeks, as my body was trying to reject this foreign body being in my ear. However, I kept using them as the sound improvement is incredible it has settled down and i can now wear them all day without any discomfort, and they never come out, unless I pull them out!
I also wear them over the ear, so that when one of the cables gets caught, it pulls on the cable around the ear, and not on the connection in the earbud, which is what causes most earbuds to stop working in one ear. I have used two pairs of these for more than 2 years and have no problem with losing sound in one earbud, which did happen on other pairs when i did not put the cable over the ear.
on 18 January 2012
When it comes to sound these are much better than the standard iPhone ones. The noise isolation is very impressive so much so I can hear myself breathe! The clarity is simply brilliant as you can really pick up on notes you wouldn't notice otherwise, especially the highs and mids. The low's can get slighty distorted at times but you still get a really good overall experience of listening to music. I tried the comply foam buds but I'm not very keen on them, never really have been but I'm sure they're a nice added bonus for many others. The quality of the earphones seem really good at the moment but I've only had them for 1 day so I can't be too judgemental but I've heard from others that they're very long lasting with sensible use. The box contains the headset already fitted with the mid-sized buds, 2 sets of comply foam buds, 4 sets of different sized standard buds and a hardened rubber/plastic case for the headset. The only complain I have, hence why I gave 4 stars is that the in-line controls are way too low, so I often found myself shouting or removing the headset when making/receiving calls. Nevertheless, these are an amazing pair of earphones and at this price I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a mid-range pair.
on 12 January 2012
I bought theese after have a lot of in-ear headphones over the years. Sony, Sennheiser and even Shure.

Compared to all that i had, theese Ultimate Ears have a problem with the low frequencies (the bass) even on the Comply earbuds (which are really comfortable, and fit really tight). the headphones, as i listen to them on a computer on-board soundcard, appear to have a linear response (except for the low frequencies, wich they seem to lack). A better test would be a good external sound card/aplifier or portable music device, which i don't get to use anymore.

Detail is nowhere near the level of detail i had with the shure's.

Overall they are not better for music listening than my last 20eur Sennheiser headphones, except for the supplied Comply earbuds.

(The best headphones i had, except for the shure's, where the first Sony in-ear models - ex70. Not a very precise sound, but a very pleasing sound.)

For who needs it, the headphones have a 3-part 3.5 jack, compatible with most modern smartphones (at least is compatible with samsung smartphones).
on 10 November 2011
First thing I must say is that I have owned many pairs of earphones in the £50 - £150 range, the most expensive being the Klipsch X5 at £150.

I should also point out that my listening experience with both the Klipsch X5 and the UE 600 vi is enhanced by using them both with custom made ACS earphone sleeves.

In terms of value for money, especially when used with the custom sleeves, the UE 600 vi are implausibly good for their price. I bought them to replace a broken pair of UE Super fi 5 earphones, which had the same body shape as the UE 600, but the 600 deliver even higher quality sound. I have heard comments that these are weak on bass - this is because they are not fitted properly. With custom sleeves the bass response is excellent. The all sound clarity and performance is brilliant.

The ACS custom sleeves cost £90, so these with the UE600 still only work out the same price as the Klipsch X5 headphones alone.

Get a pair of these and get the custom sleeves made. You won't be dissapointed.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse