- Hardcover: 512 pages
- Publisher: Phaidon Press (15 Oct. 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0714845388
- ISBN-13: 978-0714845388
- Product Dimensions: 26 x 5.1 x 29.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,721,745 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Ukiyo-e (Themes) Hardcover – 15 Oct 2005
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
'There are stunningly beautiful pictures of actors and courtesans, prostitutes, landscapes and flowers... Degas borrowed from them, Van Gogh copied them, and almost every important European artist was influenced by them.' (The Sunday Times)
About the Author
Gian Carlo Calza is Professor of East Asian Art History at the University of Venice, and Director of the International Hokusai Research Centre in Milan. He has published many books, exhibition catalogues and articles on Hokusai, and is currently preparing a catalogue raisonné of Hokusai's paintings. He was awarded the 2004 Uchiyama Prize by the International Ukiyo-e Society of Tokyo for his contribution to the study of Japanese Ukiyo-e ('Floating World') culture.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Art Issues
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > History of Art & Architecture
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Painting & Drawing
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Print & Decorative Arts > Prints
- Books > History > Countries & Regions > Asia > East Asia > Japan
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > Home & Garden > Crafts > Printmaking
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Cultural Studies