members enjoy 20% off every delivery of nappies. Join today to get your discount, as well as a free trial of Amazon Prime and access to exclusive offers and discounts.
Legal Disclaimer: Unless expressly indicated otherwise, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on this site. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on our website. Please always read labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming the product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Cyclotest 2 Plus registers exactly the awakening temperature and indicates the temperature rise which refers to the ovulation and therefore the fertile phase.
Boxed-product Weight: 399 g
Delivery Destinations: Visit the Delivery Destinations Help page to see where this item can be delivered.
I am VERY happy with my decision to get the Cyclotest fertility monitor. I have been using it for over a year and it is extremely reliable and very easy to use. It is so liberating to have a birth control plan that uses .o hormones and has no side effects! In short, you take your temperature with the built in thermometer under the tongue each morning and the cyclotest displays a clear visual timeline saying when you are ovulating and fertile and when you can unprotected sex without risking pregnancy.
What I like:
1. clear display - It shows a little symbol of one baby if I am around the time that I am ovulating, and two babies when I am actually ovulating. When I see that pic, I know that sex could lead to pregnancy, and we use a cervical cap (femcap) for secondary birth control. It also shows a display of the entire month cycle so you know where you are in your cycle and when you will most likely become fertile.
2. built in alarm - I like the built in alarm on the cyclotest. I know it will beep when I need to take my temp and then I can just roll over and go back to sleep. You do need to be vigilant in taking your temperature when the alarm rings though, if you don't take it within a specific amount of times it could mess up whole temperature readings.
3. Uses two fertility indicators. - it takes my temperature and I can also click a button when I detect EWCM. From what have learnt the extra reliability is important to make sure it is truly accurate.
4. Much more economical then other devices. -I'm really not sure why some other devices charge four times the amount for a fertility monitor. Cyclotset is just as reliable, if not more so because it uses two fertility indicators. Perhaps the other devices have a bit more of a flashy modern display but other then that I really can not justify why anyone would spend so much more then they need to!
5. Can also be used when trying to get pregnant. - After I gave birth to my son, I wanted to use a hormone free method of birth control especially because I was breastfeeding. But I also like knowing that this same device will help my husband and I conceive again quickly when we decide the time is right. When that time comes, we will use the same info and plan a date night when the babies show up on the screen :)
6. its really small. - for comparison sake its a bit bulkier but shorter and about the same width as an iphone. I travel a lot and I like that I can throw it it my bag without thinking about it
You should note that it was a bit confusing when getting started to register where you are in your cycle. Basically you press down the center button for a few seconds to get to day one, and then you can scroll to the day that you are on. Like I started using it on the fourth day of my period. Figuring out that process is not so clear. Once you get the hang of it though it is totally smooth sailing.
Also, you really have to wake up and take your temperature. You can't push it off and ignore the alarm because timing is really important!Read more ›
I never was a fan of hormonal contraception so my partner an I decided to go for other options. Of course we've asked google and did some reading around. I was thrilled as I found out that you can only become pregnant during 6 days of your cycle. Persona seemed to be the most popular option as its pretty everywhere. But (!) not only the high follow up-costs but also the bad security of that product made us think differently. After some further research we came across Cyclotest and read that is quite well known abroad. We asked some good friends from Germany if they heard about it (they did). And apparently the German Stifung Warentest (a magazin that checks the usability and quality of any kind of product) named cyclotest as the best and most reliable product for natural family planning on the market!
How does it work I measure my bodytemperature at 14 to 17 days per cyclus. I do so after getting up from the first day of my period up to the day of my ovulation. cyclotest 2 plus tells me when I reach my fertile days and so I know if we are in need of a condom. It's dead easy, it shows me approx. 7 fertile days per cycle - where we can have sex without any further contraceptives. Cyclotest 2 plus is the state-of-the-art monitor for natural contraception. It has a usb-port so you can copy your data to your PC. The bottom line is: cyclotest 2 plus is really good value for its money and as secure as it gets!
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our website. All information about the products on our website is provided for information purposes only. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented on our website. Please always read the labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming a product. In the event of any safety concerns or for any other information about a product please carefully read any instructions provided on the label or packaging and contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is not intended to substitute for advice given by medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements about products are not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.co.uk accepts no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products by manufacturers or other third parties. This does not affect your statutory rights.