on 4 February 2014
Absolutely rubbish! Broke after one week! However the length of the cable is amazing shame about the product quality, would not recommend.
on 13 October 2013
I was hoping that an extra long cable would enable me to plug in my I pad and phone across the bedroom floor without the need for an extension lead.
When I opened the product, I thought that it looked good and would do the job. I plugged it in and it charged my device. On trying to remove it, it fell apart exposing the wires and giving me an electric shop.
I spent the next few hours in A&E hooked upto an ECG.
This product should not be allowed into this country under british standards and I am surprised at amazon as I ultimately purchased it from them.
33 comments|36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 July 2012
After reading the only other review I felt confident enough to purchase. Clearly these cables are not all equals. The one I received, although being thick and sturdy in the hand, had a bent USB 'end' connector, although it didn't prevent connecting and a difficult to plug-in ipad end.

So much so that initially I was worried about damaging the connector on the ipad with the cable. It required far too much force to slot in and begin charging. Once in the problems didn't end, although it initially started charging ok, within a few minutes it stated on the screen that it wasn't charging. Disconnecting and reconnecting started it off again, only to fail again minutes later.

Suffice to say, I am returning it as I cannot risk breaking my £300 ipad with this £3.00 cable. You get what you pay for?

Dave
on 24 July 2012
Arrived really quickly and well packaged. This does exactly what it says, it works on iphone3G, 3GS, 4 and 4GS plus I tried it on my Ipad (1) and it worked on that to. It isn't like the others that seem to work once and then thats it. It is strong too as my step daughter has gone through loads of Apple's own brand cables and this seems to be stopping that at the moment (and yes one genuine apple cable lasted a day before splitting at the connector). Plus it is long, so they can mess about on their iphones while charging. A good product.
on 27 March 2014
Stopped working after a couple of weeks so it was no use and I had to buy another one which cost me more money
on 2 February 2014
It works like any other charger wire is nice and thick so its not flimsy. then ends should have been made a bit more robust.
on 4 August 2013
This product has gone straight into the bin after only an hour of trying to use it. It charges for 20 seconds then stops, then starts again, then stops. Very frustrating and a waste of time and money. Also tried using it by plugging it into the USB port on our computer, and it came up with an error message saying that it was faulty. This product took 6 weeks to arrive ... and I only eventually received it because after a month I posted a negative review of the seller. They bombarded me with emails asking me to remove the negative review which I agreed to if they refunded me the money or actually sent me the item. They did refund my money, and 2 weeks later I received the item, which of course is faulty and useless. I did remove their negative seller feedback as agreed. But still, my advice is, don't buy this product ... there are many more similar options available from different companies.
on 31 October 2012
This seemed ideal to use to charge my iPhone 4s and iPad 3 when at a distance from a socket.

I first used it on my iPad and heard a worrying metal scratching on metal sound when I put the cable in. The charging symbol came on so I left it, when I returned I was expecting a decent charge to have taken place but the cable wasn't recognised so I took it out, reinserted it and charging resumed, but only for a short period.

The cable charges my iPhone fine but I have to keep pulling out and reinserting the cable if I want it to charge my iPad as it seems to work itself loose (even then it hardly seems worth it for the little charge I get).

I can't have too many complaints as it was less than £2 and was shipped for free from Hong Kong, but it looks like it might be a bit of a gamble if you receive a decent one or not.
on 23 January 2014
although quality in your hands seems lower that genuine apple product but it still works OK (opposite to some others that I have bought and they failed after few uses), so all in all it performs enough for the money paid.
on 16 February 2013
This cable is fantastic, it charges my 4S and my iPad 2. Occasionally when charging my phone though and I continue to use it, the charge does drop down to 95%. Stop using it and it goes back up. Presumably it's not as efficient as an original Apple cable but I'd rather knacker the battery quicker and replace it than put up with Apple's measly 1ft (or whatever it is) cable.

It's so convenient I've ordered another one for the front room.

Delivery was 2 - 3 weeks as it came from Hong Kong but I don't mind the wait.

A friend of mine bought one the same from another supplier in HK and it doesn't charge his iPad, only his phone. This DOES charge iPads. (tested on iPad 2).