Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Dec 2008 03:32:24 GMT
I live in the US but ordered the CE from the UK because I feel Bloomsbury does a better job and I appreciate the language the original books we written in. I also got the SE version from the UK and from the US. The UK SE version is 1000% better. The quality of the paper, the drawings are better. The covers are totally different as easily seen plus the US version is larger print and looks like they are using the movie font. Is the US CE version different than the UK version? I feel bad for anyone with the US version if it is.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Dec 2008 12:52:53 GMT
M. Young says:
I would imagine that the US and UK versions of the collectors edition are either very similar or identical. I don't think it would make sense for Amazon to do two different versions of the CE and they have the same ISBN number.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Dec 2008 14:13:19 GMT
M. Pickup says:
There seems to some discussion regarding the similarity, or not as the case may be, of the Uk Vs the US version. Can anyone clarify whether there is indeed a difference ? As mentioned, it would seem odd to have two differenct versions

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Dec 2008 22:28:23 GMT
M. Young says:
The most obvious place to check for a difference is the publisher information page, because in the UK edition that talks of amazon.co.uk and the estimated £20 donation per book, so I think that page is the one most likely to vary between countries.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Dec 2008 15:49:23 GMT
There is absolutely no difference between the US & UK CE.
I ordered from UK and my friend ordered from the US. They are identical!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Dec 2008 14:03:05 GMT
Buggerlugs says:
The Collectors' Editions (CEs) are identical, but the Standard Editions (SEs) are different. - I prefer the US's version of the SE to UK's. That set me wondering; does anybody know how many different versions of the SE there are? I mean does India or Canada or Australia, etc., have their own versions of the SE?

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Dec 2008 07:54:10 GMT
Buggerlugs,
All Harry Potter books in India are the UK versions. Even the adult editions. But the transalated ones (Hindi Versions) use the US design.
In fact most books in India of foreign authors are the UK editions. They are very cheap here. A 7.99 pounds book in the UK will cost around 2-3 pounds in India.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  9 Dec 2008
Latest post:  13 Dec 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions