My name is Elaine, and I am a Scrabble addict!
There - that's my confession - now for the review!
I bought this game for myself, in the hope that it would feed my addiction whilst I was on holiday, away from the computer and unable to play Scrabulous on facebook - and it has worked! I spent hours playing - ran out of battery power on the first day of the holiday, realised I had forgotten my charger, and had to go out and buy another one!!!
- You can't see the whole screen at any one time
- The computer appears to have a range of very unusual and rather dubious 'made-up' words which it accepts at random - however, once you have spotted these, you can then use them in your own play. However, unlike Scrabulous on the internet, it does at least accept the variations of 'zo'! (Hooray!)
- The tournament version of the 'career' section can only be played on a strict time limit of 4 minutes playing time per player. Clearly this is no problem to the computer, but to the average human it is very little time, making it virtually impossible to win against the 'best' opponents.
- It's extremely addictive and can cause you to waste several hours very easily! (LOL)
* It's fun and easy to play
* You can choose from a range of opponents
* The games can be over very quickly, allowing you to move on to another, or to play a full and quick game during a coffee break - something you can never manage on scrabulous, as no-one ever plays as quickly as you want them to!
* Some of the other games are great for encouraging speed, accuracy and vocabulary building
* Definitions of main words used are posted along the screen - but wehn you are playing several 'virtual' opponents, there can be very little time to read these.
* It's extremely addictive! (LOL!)
Buy it and see for yourself! Enjoy!