Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Shop now Learn more Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 118 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Dec 2011 20:15:59 GMT
Mark Twain says:
My blu rays were shipped with DHLGA (vs. Royal Mail) and they're apparently still stuck in the UK. I know people with Royal Mail have already received them. Did anyone else have them shipped via DHL, like me? Where is your order currently?

I heard nothing but bad things about DHLGA when I googled it, and I'm afraid the nightmare is coming true...

Posted on 6 Dec 2011 21:08:04 GMT
D. Newman says:
Mine shipped, when is your delivery estimate, mine isn't until the 19th so I am not worried, no updates on tracking information.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Dec 2011 21:17:22 GMT
Mark Twain says:
Mine is scheduled to deliver on the 20th and currently in Croydon UK (for the past few days). I know how it looks because that's a long way from now, but given that people have already received theirs, it seems weird that DHLGA would take so much longer than Royal Mail. I mean, how do they decide who gets Royal Mail and who gets DHLGA. I guess we just got unlucky.

BTW, google "DHLGA Amazon". You won't see anything but bad stories (items stuck at customs, no tracking information, etc)

Posted on 6 Dec 2011 22:23:03 GMT
Mine also shipped DHLGA (on December 2nd) and is not expected until December 21st. I ordered my set 6 weeks ago so not sure why this shipping option was used. My son ordered his at the same time and has already received his. I'm hoping I don't end up regretting this purchase.

Posted on 6 Dec 2011 22:58:06 GMT
Manny says:
Mine was also shipped via DHLGA on December 2nd but still no updates on tracking information. It is currently scheduled for Dec 19th and "Yes" I have checked the reviews for DHLGA Amazon.co.uk and its not so encouraging. Also I tried reaching out to DHLGA and gave them the tracking id provided in Amazon order details site and they said it is an invalid one. So I emailed Amazon guys regarding that and they replied back saying they will update on the status within 2 days. I am just hoping for the best. Please do let me know if any of you guys have recieved your package.

Posted on 6 Dec 2011 23:42:47 GMT
Last edited by the author on 7 Dec 2011 01:25:27 GMT
Mark Twain says:
So I'm not the only one...that's somewhat comforting...

My biggest concern is that if we don't receive this by the delivery date (~12/20), we'll have little to no chance to re-order another the same set since Time Warner will start pulling all copies of Harry Potter movies on 12/29.

I was given a tracking number from Amazon but it's virtually useless because it's 22-digits and doesn't work with any of DHL's websites.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2011 00:47:23 GMT
Last edited by the author on 7 Dec 2011 00:47:43 GMT
What's this about WB pulling the movies?

Posted on 7 Dec 2011 01:46:45 GMT
Clev Landers says:
Same here , fingers crossed

Says 16 th delivery

Another item shipped royal mail and already arrived

Posted on 7 Dec 2011 04:04:09 GMT
Brent says:
Mine said it was shipped Royal Mail, Dispatched/shipped on Nov 29th, with an estimated date of Dec 20th. I haven't received it yet. I also don't get any tracking number with it.

Apparently people on the West coast of the US are receiving theirs, which makes no sense seeing that they are farther away.

Posted on 7 Dec 2011 04:37:41 GMT
Last edited by the author on 7 Dec 2011 04:45:05 GMT
Mark Twain says:
Brent: I live on the West Coast. West/East Coast likely has nothing to do with it. I think the main factor is the carrier. That said, it does seem odd that yours is Royal Mail but you still haven't received it yet...although that feels weird to say because it seems like the people who got it SUPER early should be considered the "odd" ones!

I think you'll be fine. From my limited research, Royal Mail seems more dependable.

Posted on 7 Dec 2011 10:43:03 GMT
Hey, I live in the uk about 10 miles from the nearest Amazon warehouse, preordered it several months before release and had it despatched the day before release with a delivery estimate of the 6th...
I'm still waiting for a delivery and the cheeky fu*kers have changed their estimated delivery to the 2nd (day of release)

I'm really losing patience with amazon, with it being the third preorder they've p!ssed me about on I'm afraid in future I'll go elsewhere...

Posted on 7 Dec 2011 12:18:16 GMT
Mark Twain says:
@Willie: Yours is shipped with DHL too? DHLGA? Since yours is past due, you definitely have the right to complain. For the rest of us it's mainly speculation and preparing for the worst.

Posted on 7 Dec 2011 14:17:34 GMT
D. Newman says:
Mine is DHLGA, shipped on 12/2, only status has been

Order has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit

Posted on 7 Dec 2011 15:11:38 GMT
I purchased the HPBS for a Christmas present. I wasn't sure of the time it'd take to get to Maryland from the UK but thought it would make it. Turns out my item was "handed over to the carrier" and won't be here until the Dec 21st which won't work since I'm leaving on vacation before that. I called DHL to see if I could change the delivery address. The customer service lady was courteous and said I couldn't change the delivery address because DHLGA uses USPS (I assume that happens after it clears cutoms here though don't quote me on that). I knew I should have shipped to my vacation address. Oh well. Blu-Rays will hold up to the rain if it sits on my porch for a week assuming some else doesn't steal it. Or I'll have USPS hold my mail while I'm gone. I'll post if my item shows up before I leave.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2011 18:28:23 GMT
Brent says:
Matt, its just that I have yet to see anyone state they received it on the East Coast of the US yet.

I also get no tracking number whatsoever, so I have to clue where it is, or when it would show up. You would think all International orders would have some kind of tracking.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2011 18:34:05 GMT
Last edited by the author on 7 Dec 2011 18:35:03 GMT
Mark Twain says:
I received a 22-digit tracking number from Amazon.co.uk but it's virtually useless. It cannot be used with DHL's website, so I'm left trusting the Amazon tracking which seems slow to update, at best.

It's been 6 days now and my package still says "Croydon - Scanned for departure." Does it really take a week to send across the Atlantic for the next scan? This is starting to get ridiculous...

Posted on 7 Dec 2011 20:28:52 GMT
K. Cronin says:
Mine was sent Royal Mail, I live on the East Coast, still haven't gotten mine yet.

Posted on 8 Dec 2011 02:38:43 GMT
Same thing here -- mine shows at Croydon since Dec 2nd... it's DHLGA as well. Fingers Crossed. Not due until the 16th.

Posted on 8 Dec 2011 15:21:53 GMT
Jennifer C says:
Mine has an update, its in Rutherford.... Hopefully, that's Rutherford, NJ.

Posted on 8 Dec 2011 16:45:59 GMT
Mark Twain says:
I have an update too. Mine is in "Carson." I'm assuming that's Carson, CA. This is good...

Posted on 8 Dec 2011 18:39:21 GMT
B. Rogers says:
Like others mine was shipped DHLGA and I live in Florida. This is my first order on amazon.co.uk so we will see how it goes. Scheduled for the 16th, was in Croydon, now in Rutherford. So it's in the states!

Posted on 8 Dec 2011 18:50:38 GMT
Mine still doesn't show any progress, still states "Order has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit"

Posted on 8 Dec 2011 19:02:10 GMT
D. Newman says:
Arlene, mine says the same thing since 12/2.

Posted on 8 Dec 2011 19:10:35 GMT
Manny says:
I was supposed to get an update from Amazon today on my order but no info as of now. Mine still says Order has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit. Its just frustrating when you dont know where your order is and mine was shipped on Dec 2nd and scheduled for Dec 19th delivery. I just hope its Dec 19th 2011 and not 2012 :).

Posted on 8 Dec 2011 19:12:41 GMT
Last edited by the author on 8 Dec 2011 19:13:54 GMT
Mark Twain says:
Just FYI- My update through Amazon for "Carson - Arrival" was dated 12/6/11 5:00PM, but this update didn't show up until yesterday, which was 12/8/11 in the UK, so I'm thinking Amazon MUST be at least a couple days behind on providing updates.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  59
Total posts:  118
Initial post:  6 Dec 2011
Latest post:  11 Apr 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about