- Directors: Jonathon Mostow
- Region: All Regions
- Average Customer Review: 2.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (66 customer reviews)
- ASIN: B005WB2V3Q
Why? What is it that makes Holywood producers want to piss on the memory of the heroes of the Royal Navy by pretending that it was someone else who did it? In fact, why does Holywood seem to want to write the British out of just about every single war movie?
Consider the facts!
1. America had not even entered the War when the events contained in the film took place! Pearl Harbour had not occured yet!
2. The Enigma Machine was captured using information gained from the Polish Free Army and British forces!
3. The Germans had the best trained Submariners in operation until 1944. So how a U-Boat could not be repaired by its own crew is a mystery, even more so the fact that an American Submarine crew can fix it!
4. The U-Boat was crewed by 37 crew, how can the Americans operate a submarine in battle conditions with eight people is amazing!
For once I agree with the French on the grounds that Hollywood should be stopped from rewriting history and promoting the insane fantasy that America won the war solely!
Besides that the film contains one of the most irritating soundtracks that seems to conjure up the the typical expressions of American Patriotism at every opportunity!
If you want to see an accurate portrayal of World War 2 submarine life watch Das Boot - a mature, honest account!
If you really want to swallow the American Dream watch this and remember people died in capturing the Enigma machine - this film does not pay any respect to those individuals nor credits them!
Shame on you Hollywood!