on 21 March 2009
These Sun crosswords are great, they come with two sets of clues, each with the same answer, so if you fancy doing a quick and easy solution or want to give your brain a bit of a workout, these tick both boxes. We take ours to the airport every time we go on holiday and they certainly help to pass the time. This is our tenth Sun book, and won't be our last. The best bit is if you get stuck (or want to cheat a bit) all the answers are in the back!!!
on 28 December 2008
A brilliant value for money crosswords collection, at 2.5 pence per crossword. In fact, if you count each crossword as two (one cryptic and one coffee-time) it's even better value!

Personally, I tend to have to use both set of clues to help solve the crosswords, but others may prefer to use one of the sets of clues only to make the crosswords that bit harder.

Not being brilliant at crosswords myself, I don't think these are the hardest crosswords I've seen - which may be something that recommends you to buy this book or equally deters you!

The Sun Crossword collection books are well produced and sturdy, which is just as well as they are likely to take you a long time to complete! Thoroughly recommended.
on 8 November 2012
I am familiar with The Sun newspaper crosswords and I can usually complete them using just the cryptic clues.
However,the puzzles contained in this book are a different matter altogether.I have now attempted roughly half of them and managed to complete only maybe five or six.And that's using both sets of clues.After looking at the solutions I still don't understand some of the answers.
It is also littered with mistakes.Here is one example:Clue-Ancient harp,Answer-Lute.Wrong,an ancient harp is a lyre.(A lute is the forerunner of the guitar).
Disappointing.
on 15 June 2010
I bought this product because I am an avid sun crossword doer, it's a little bit harder than the newspaper crossword's but very enjoyable, I would recommend it.
on 6 December 2012
Different from the actual paper sun crossword only completed 18 out of 160. very, very frustrating to say the least
on 7 May 2013
This is a very good book if you want puzzles that can challenge you and an extra plus is you can do them with a partner who may prefer the cryptic or the simple clues. That's what I do with my foreign partner who is excellent at English but can't be expected to do the cryptic clues. I prefer cryptic...a case of Jack Spratt.
on 18 August 2015
it is identical with the one we've just finished. On your advert you date it as 2014 but it is 2002. It is not possible to discern that an edition is later than ones we've already had. I have written to you before - and you said you would remedy the information. Something distinctive needs to be on the front cover to distinguish editions.
on 23 October 2010
Either we're getting older and/or the crosswords getting tougher. Must find some more brain cells! However, we still the choice of cryptic and coffee time clues, so one feels all's not lost on the first attempt/clue.
on 10 February 2013
For a long time I have been doing the Daily Star Two-way teaser, but these seem to be very short in supply, so now on to The Sun. Not quiet as easy as Daily Star, but getting there.
on 11 September 2010
An interesting selection of clues are used in the puzzles. It is a good book if you are a 'beginner' when it comes to cryptic crosswords. Many hours of enjoyment