on 28 February 2001
GREAT BOOK HIGHLY RECOMEND! READ! this book is about to teenage girls who are twins when they are 16 there perant think that it is the time to separate them. They send Mary Lee to a bording school where she decides to make no freinds and will not cope with anyone, all she wants is her twin. Mary Lee gets a letter from her sister, Madrigal, who says that she is having a great tome and ahs a boyfreind. Mary Lee thinks that she is the luckiest thing in the world and would like anything to with her sister in her sisters life. But when her sisters come to visit they going skiing,, Mary Lee and her sister switch plays to play a trick on the other girls at the school. When madrigal gets on the chair lift it breaks. Now Mary Lee must pretend to be Madrigal because everyone think that it is MaryLee who died. When she goes home she find out that her twin sister wasn't at all who she thought she was. She was evil. Read and find out the WHOLe story. I think that you will enjoy it it was one of my favorite of Cooneys! READ ON!
on 28 September 2000
Caroline Cooney has done it again! She's created another touching story! The story is about two twins who think they got the same heart but when Madigal dies Mary lee begins to find out the true horrors of her sisters life by pretending to be her... Who is Jon Pear? Why was she so evil? How come I didn't know? ...
on 12 May 2008
Due to my high oppinion of the writing style of Caz Cooney, i am making it my duty to read every one of her horror books! This one was not dissapointing. It was a very good idea for a story.
She makes a point of leaving a few issues unresolved at the end, which is an interesting concept for a book in my oppinion, but i did like it and would recommend it. I diddnt really see it as a horror though.... don't expect to be scared.
on 1 June 2010
This book is excellent, i would definetley recommend it if you are into horror books. It has so many question that the writer slowlt begins to unravel. With a shock at every turn you wont be able to put it down! :)
on 1 January 2007
This book started out being boring, with no description whatsoever of the characters, and just got worse. In fact, it was so dull that I skipped the whole middle part and read the end. The ending, too, was weird and unsatisfactory.

I just thought this book made no sense whatsoever. The characters were dull and not well described, I didn't know where or when the story took place - it was just bad. It was also, in a way, creepy from the very beginning. I literally threw it in the trash. Do not even LOOK at this book in the bookstore or library. It is crap and besides, who needs to read something like this?

The reason why I wanted to read this book was because I loved the Milk Carton series. In these series, Caroline B. Cooney's writing was actually good. But this book is just bad. If you've read the Milk Carton series and decided you want to read more Caroline B. Cooney books, don't choose this one.
on 4 May 2001
I bought the book a few years ago and didn't read it till December last year and after i thought why didn't i read this before. I have read it twice since then and still find it fun to read. ONE TO READ